Hey there!

It looks like you're enjoying Rap Battles Forum but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Tube mics...

Battle Record
    3-2

Tube mics...

from what I understand, they don't require any phantom power... so you just plug it into your interface and DON'T switch on the 48v???

I may consider a tube mic when I upgrade next... I'm leanin' toward a Baby Bottle, though it's not a tube... but the few tube mics I've heard, all AT's, sounded real sexy...

so, what are the pros and cons of a tube??? and is there any special care that needs to be taken with them???

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

. Foolin' Forensics .
    Battle Record
    8-4

Re: Tube mics...

i always thought tube mics were used for news reporters n ish.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    5-3

tube mics do require phantom power

i think your confusing them with tube mics that have there own power supply. In that case the power supply supplies the power, and you dont have to use a secondary 48v phantom power switch.

also there is no pro and con to tube mics in general cuz all are not created equally.

i think th eonly con with a tube anything, is that over time the tube can die out. When i say time, I'm talking like 40+ years though (if you care for your mic properly). So it's not like you get a tube mic, and then the tube dies or has to be replaced next week.

But in this con, is also a pro... you can get your tube replaced with a higher quality tube if it fits into your mic. This can create a completly different sounding mic, or even a better sounding mic if your willing to take that risk.

Another con of tube mics, that I've noticed over the years is they can make a booth hot as hell. LMAO... thats because of the fact the tube emits heat since it is a bulb. lol. That's no big deal though, cuz they dont make the booth scorchingly hot... just a tad warm.
    Welcome to reality.

Battle Record
    3-2

I have a fan in my "booth" that I turn on when I'm done spittin'... it pulls cool air in from the air-conditioned basement room it's set up in...

anyway...

the AT3060 is the mic I was eyeballin'... it's called a "phantom tube" which must be why it don't need a separate power supply... hmmm... I'm beginnin' to figure this shit out...

now, if you don't mind... please go leave feedback on my latest track in rap songs... thank you...

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

one thing you need to remember is to let the mic warm up for about a half hour before you record. and let it cool down before you put it away... again about a half hour.