Hey there!

It looks like you're enjoying Rap Battles Forum but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Midi keyboard

home
    Battle Record
    61-19

Midi keyboard

So long story short i left my Axiom 25 back home. Now i'm looking to buy maybe an 88 key midi controller. To use with FL studio and Ableton Live.

any suggestions? price range around $300-500. something worth the money basically.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    (new track daily)

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

Re: Midi keyboard

M-Audio Keystation 88

Battle Record
    5-3

go big
    get a CME midi controller!
    LMAO

j/k
    lol@there being a midi controller that cost a G tho...
    http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/VX8/

it looks like a beast, but the problem is alot of sound modules dont support some of the features on this controller.. like the ribbon
    i got all the features of this controller on my kurzweil 2500xs that i use as a midi controller (cuz the sounds are outdatede as shit)... and my fantom xr doesnt do the pan control, or ribbon control... (i do like the built in drum pads tho... i could use those since i sold my mpc, i might just get a m-audio drum controller tho)

so the best bang for buck is of course the m-audio keystation 88 key.
    Welcome to reality.

Battle Record
    3-2

Why do you want 88 keys? 2 octaves with an octave switch is enough for recording midi
    Its another matter if you want to record EVERYTHING in real time... or if you want a big ass controller basicly.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

i hope to god youre joking. actually... just tell me you're joking even if you're not.

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Cain View Post
    go big
    get a CME midi controller!
    LMAO

j/k
    lol@there being a midi controller that cost a G tho...
    http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/VX8/

it looks like a beast, but the problem is alot of sound modules dont support some of the features on this controller.. like the ribbon
    i got all the features of this controller on my kurzweil 2500xs that i use as a midi controller (cuz the sounds are outdatede as shit)... and my fantom xr doesnt do the pan control, or ribbon control... (i do like the built in drum pads tho... i could use those since i sold my mpc, i might just get a m-audio drum controller tho)

so the best bang for buck is of course the m-audio keystation 88 key.
    it's expensive but it also has an audio interface and motorized faders. the only thing i hate about my keystation is that the faders aren't motorized. to me the faders are useless because of this. the rotary nobs should use relative levels too. but what are you gona do for $400?

plus isnt this the controller that plays exactly like grand piano keys?

I see you lookin.. stupid Brandon Heat's Avatar
    Awards 25+ Wins

Quote Originally Posted by paze View Post
    Why do you want 88 keys? 2 octaves with an octave switch is enough for recording midi
    Its another matter if you want to record EVERYTHING in real time... or if you want a big ass controller basicly.
    you can type with your feet too... but why would you..? you can't play hotness with 2 octaves... use a 88 key board... and try to use anything less... you'll want to slap the fuck out of yourself.
    AlieNation
    ..GrindHouse..

we see you Cock-A-Roaches looking...

Coming Soon

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

word... if you can't do multiple zone assignments your midi controller is shitty.

Battle Record
    5-3

i use a 88 key cuz i want to be able to have a full spread in front of me when inspiration strikes
    without pressing a octave button.

i got a 61key motif... i was using it to control until i got the 88key kurzweil
    never looked back

i mean yea its cheaper to go with a 61key or lower, but i feel like it kinda impedes creativity...
    i create dynamically, like... i just go with the natural flow of my emotion and instinct when i create... having everything in front of me helps that process, it creates less thinking and more doing.

i have my own production template setup in nuendo... with everything sync'd and ready... and i can just sit down and BOOM... make music. No adding channels, or VSTs, or nothing... its all there.
    Welcome to reality.

Battle Record
    3-2

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Heat View Post
    you can type with your feet too... but why would you..? you can't play hotness with 2 octaves... use a 88 key board... and try to use anything less... you'll want to slap the fuck out of yourself.
    Typing with your feet doesnt cost anymore money than typing with your hands. Unless you include the maintenance and cleaning of your keyboard since feet are generally more dirty. And I dont think I can type with my feet :S
    I use a 88key at college and come home to a 60 something key and it doesnt bother me... to be honest I dont exactly use octave 1 much and if I did id use the pitch shift.
    In general if the keyboard has more keys its more expensive (unless theres less settings, instruments or whatever)...
    Also: its midi. You can press (down) or (up) however many times you want with the recorded file to get the note or chord to the correct octave- it takes around 2seconds.

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

or you can just buy the right shit...

Battle Record
    3-2

Quote Originally Posted by ...Opey... View Post
    or you can just buy the right shit...
    My keyboard is right for me... its also mobile and actually fits on my table (between my monitors)
    Dont hate lol

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

but your original statement said all you need is a controller with 2 octaves so you shouldnt get an 88 key controller. that's a retarded concept. you have a 67 key controller. thats a completely different comparison. but even then there are arguable differences that make an 88 key controller better. maybe you just aren't aware of the benefits because you don't use them.

btw... i understand the portability concept. this is why you also get something like an oxygen 8... which is ACTUALLY portable, unlike a 67 key controller which is just small enough to carry.

Battle Record
    3-2

Quote Originally Posted by ...Opey... View Post
    but your original statement said all you need is a controller with 2 octaves so you shouldnt get an 88 key controller. that's a retarded concept. you have a 67 key controller. thats a completely different comparison. but even then there are arguable differences that make an 88 key controller better. maybe you just aren't aware of the benefits because you don't use them.

btw... i understand the portability concept. this is why you also get something like an oxygen 8... which is ACTUALLY portable, unlike a 67 key controller which is just small enough to carry.
    Word