Hey there!

It looks like you're enjoying Rap Battles Forum but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3
Showing results 31 to 43 of 43

Thread: I Quit College

Battle Record
    64-44

Re: I Quit College

lmao @ quitting being one of the few smart people in America...

...to own part of "the lost sock"

that really sux, sorry to say
    GreaterDesignGrowers.com

Im not a rapper, im a gardener

I really hate people Mic Dareall's Avatar
    Battle Record
    16-4

I'm half tempted to drop out of college myself lately... I have been double majoring in computer engineering and Gaming and simulation but got bored with the way they teach the electronics aspect of the computer engineering so I dropped that degree. I took 2 1/2 years of electronics in highschool and we created alot more interesting shit then we do at the college. Now Im just doing the Gaming and Simulation degree, which if you look into you can find work in the Gaming field as a programmer without a degree if you have experience and examples of your work to show your knowledge base. Im just getting sick of taking the classes, most of the stuff I teach myself long before I make it to the classes because I come across a problem in some of the projects Ive been working on. Im mean its like Im going through the motions of classes half the time just because of a piece of paper that will show employers what I can do when finishing the projects Im working on will show them more then that paper ever will. And it will save me money as well as free up time to learn more aspects of gaming without having to deal with all the other bs classes that they throw at you in college.

I dont know though.. Im still undecided.

[YOUTUBE]9QCvMp0rSxU[/YOUTUBE]

I really hate people Mic Dareall's Avatar
    Battle Record
    16-4

oh and not to mention the fact that One of the computer engineering professors is trying to get the computer engineering degree shut down, Which in turn would fuck up the gaming degree because we share alot of computer science classes between the 2 degrees. As well as the Best professor in the Gaming degree is quitting after this year and theres talk of our department chair stepping down at the end of the year as well. <---that all ads to my feelings of wanting to quit as well..

[YOUTUBE]9QCvMp0rSxU[/YOUTUBE]

d-_-b
    Battle Record
    1-7

i'm 18 in college

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

None
    Battle Record
    18-0

Public school teachers make a lot more than Private do.

Battle Record
    3-0
    Awards WOP Champion

I agree alot of the college expereince is a waste, but it does open doors. A degree only tells a prospective employeer that you can be taught, that is all basically. In certian fields, such as my own without a degree you have no hope of landing such a position. The companies have to show the investors and customers that they have the knowledge base to perform. Calling someone chief engineer on a program who does not have a degree is disaterous. Most people fuck their shit up by going to the wrong school for the subject matter. That is like going to Harvey Mudd to learn how to cook, or MIT to learn how to write. If you want a technical degree that means something, you MUST purse an education at a sound technical school. I think more time hasd to go into picking the right school and the right major for the student. I work with morons who have EE degrees from random schools, yet those who have their EE from a school like georga tech are light years above them in terms of technical know how. I have enough degrees to know that for the most part professors are there to show you what they know, not teach. You have to be aggressive in
    American universities to have a solid college experience. I cut corners every time I could, but my education was very selective. I didn't stumble into a school and give their program a shot without doing my own research. You can specialize your education in such a way that is more than desirable to potential employeers. Doing so takes effort on your part but it makes the most of the time and money you shell out. After my first degree I didn't pay a fucken dime, my country and company footed the rest of the bills. Most college kids in America are NOT hungry and the hardest discisions in their life is, "what am I going to eat tonight". In other parts of the world families are starving and education si the ONLY way out. Here were so spoiled we don;t even know it! It shows in school though, and not being hungry makes the majority of our students cruise. I came from shit and dirt, I was hungry.

[YOUTUBE]Av7yOXafS40?hd=1[/YOUTUBE]
    "World Class War" Official Music Video
    We can use all the views we can get, please support the Father/Daughter movement in hip hop. Do us a favor and post on your Facebook walls and such. Thank you

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

None
    Battle Record
    18-0

Not everyone can be super selective about what school they go to though. and a lot of people don't know what field they want to get into.

d-_-b
    Battle Record
    1-7

i think Bounce works for google

Battle Record
    3-0
    Awards WOP Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Feeble Minded
    Not everyone can be super selective about what school they go to though. and a lot of people don't know what field they want to get into.
    Honestly they could, but that would require much work on their part early on in high school. Mostly solid input from parents, family members, and school officals, would do them some much needed good. You need to map out a plan to your future hopes and dreams. I know first hand most of us don't have that in our background, (I sure as hell didn't) but my daughter will. I still don't know what I want to do with my life, so not knowing at a younger age is no excuse. You just buckle down and test the waters and go with what fits. It's not hard to research waht pays well, what the future holds for a certian field, or just how long such a field will remain strong. It's just doing the research that kids put off. Why the fuck take a communications course in todays world, those degrees are worth shit right about now. the information is out there, but it takes work. I would not recommend my daughter take electronic engineering as a major, why because it's not going to be as lucrative as say bioengineering in her time. Simple shit liek that makes a huge difference int he students life.

We can use all the views we can get, please support the Father/Daughter movement in hip hop. Do us a favor and post on your Facebook walls and such. Thank you

Banned
    Battle Record
    3-2

I wish Bounce was my dad when I was around 17. That would have been dope. I could have been so much doper than how dope I am now.

Battle Record
    30-12

^Word alive, me too

Quote Originally Posted by Industry
    I invented this hood with a scarf attached all in one.
    btw, its a called a hoodarf. Contact me if interested in purchase.
    Brand New Smash Hit

Sleigh Bells Freestyle

Coming Soon

MondoThugs

Battle Record
    3-0
    Awards WOP Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch HAdberg
    I wish Bounce was my dad when I was around 17. That would have been dope. I could have been so much doper than how dope I am now.
    I had to learn the hardway man, but with all your experience you should be able to turn it all around for the best. Passadena School of Arts my friend, I can almost gaurentee that if you went there with your background you'd be one succesful dude. Our drummer is going there now and has a similar background as you. Dude is going to land his first job as Creative director where ever he goes.

You have to know what that translates to $$$ wise.

He will make more than me in a year or two.

Banned
    Battle Record
    3-2

Quote Originally Posted by Bounce
    I had to learn the hardway man, but with all your experience you should be able to turn it all around for the best. Passadena School of Arts my friend, I can almost gaurentee that if you went there with your background you'd be one succesful dude. Our drummer is going there now and has a similar background as you. Dude is going to land his first job as Creative director where ever he goes.

You have to know what that translates to $$$ wise.

He will make more than me in a year or two.
    For sure, I need to get out there and get connected with dope artists. I could have got into Corcoran in New York but I had to support my family since end of high school so I was stuck going to local schools and then sometimes I had to drop out because bad incidents or I was just plain lazy and fucking up... Meh...

And now I don't expect to get rich off art just enjoy it as a hobby. If I get rich and famous off it, it's good, but not really what I want. Too many people who can get you rich have the worst taste.

Laundromat business or IRS agent for me.