Hey there!

It looks like you're enjoying Rap Battles Forum but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3
Showing results 31 to 40 of 40

Thread: Blood in my eyes( The Emmett Till Murder)

You've Earned a Custom Title!
    Battle Record
    3-2
    I liked this piece, it had alot of emotion and suttle intensity to it. Thought it could have used more colorful imagery but I'm glad you did'nt over load it like alot of people do. Flowed real smooth and had this creepy straight forword tiype of dialouge that sounded so non-chalaunt, That put alot of meat to the emotion. Overall this was a good look at the murder of Emmett Till.
    Good Job.

Battle Record
    84-13
    Awards FL Champion 50+ Wins
    thanx for the feed

Battle Record
    37-7
    Awards Legendary Member PC HOF OM HOF PS Season champ SS HW Champion 25+ Wins
    Good emotion and the way you put the controversailness easily into it made it better, simplistic yet complex enough to portray it's message across, only thing i can say ma dog is that next time watch ya structure, other than that tis all good.....

The Death of Mr. Faith, check it thanks:
    http://www.rapbattles.com/forum/showthread.php?t=286323
    Kiss me through the camera lens.
    TNL

Battle Record
    84-13
    thanx for the feedback

Cap Com
    Dam man this was really good. I like how you told the whole story and i liked the story to. you kept the rhyming going even with a number. this was awsome keep wrighting like this and ull be legendary soon. Keep it up.

Battle Record
    84-13
    Quote Originally Posted by Cap Com
    Dam man this was really good. I like how you told the whole story and i liked the story to. you kept the rhyming going even with a number. this was awsome keep wrighting like this and ull be legendary soon. Keep it up.
    thanx for the feedback

You've Earned a Custom Title! reincarnation's Avatar
    Battle Record
    2-0
    This shit was nice and yes it was deep, telling an old Mississippi tail of shit that can still happen today. I liked this piece and feel that alott of people need to see and read this piece. Overall everything was fine, I will just tell you to work on nothing but finding more inspiration to do pieces like this.
    Close dis shit:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    84-13
    Quote Originally Posted by reincarnation
    This shit was nice and yes it was deep, telling an old Mississippi tail of shit that can still happen today. I liked this piece and feel that alott of people need to see and read this piece. Overall everything was fine, I will just tell you to work on nothing but finding more inspiration to do pieces like this.
    thanx for the feed yo

You've Earned a Custom Title!
    This was alright, not great, not worthy of hall of fame if you ask me but...

It did have emotion like people have been saying. Definately made you give you sympathy to the poor lad.

Best bit: "words repeated, stupid nigger, stupid nigger
    hittin me in the face, the bumps grew bigger
    suddenly a stop, stranded by a barn
    beaten with blows so powerful, I was weak in the arms
    then a shot in the face by a shotgun, as if the beaten wasn't enough
    they scooped my eye out,tied me up and put me in the back of the truck
    drove to the mississippi river, tosed my mangled body overboard
    there I layed 14 years ol, but in the south just another dead nigger boy"

I think overall an improvement in the vocab used in this could've improved the imagery a bit more. Just seemed a bit simple, who knows over-complicating things could've confused this simple story about racism.

Pretty good though. Nice one.

Eh, I didn't really like it, the content never seemed to flow to me because of the way you just ended every individual line then went on with sequence in the next line, yet it was never truely connected to the last. I mean, the sequence was cool, done in extreme detail but I think the entire piece lacked heart. It was just words that I didn't feel like were really backed by any kind of emotion. It was weird, but reading this I just got the impression of someone sitting on a dim lit stage playing guitar and singing this in the form of blues, not rap. *Shrug* I respect you for the attemp at breaking ground with mass amounts of sequencial detail, but without emotion you'll never gain anything. You could have a shitty drop but if somehow people can feel your words then they'll love it. Its now about what the word is, it's how its used... You know? Sorry man, just wasnt my kind of piece. Stay up and keep writing.

I'd apreciate it if you could return the favor:
    "L.A. Reed Bought my Soul"
    http://rapbattles.com/forum/showthread.php?t=287417