User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Hip Hop/Musical Integrity

I Love Titty

Hip Hop/Musical Integrity

what up everybody, I was thinkin bout the whole selling out thing lately, and the ghostwritting thing, i wjust wanted to see what principles people obide by and follow as far as they're music goes. Example, rappers: would u give some else ur lyrics just for credit, for money and no credit or just wouldnt. Producers: same deal as with rappers just with your beats. Also what are some things you would consider "selling Out" or things that question your musica/artistic integrity(if thats the right word) I'd like to see what other peoples point of views are.

I cant lie money plays a factor in this. Personally I would rather not make a sale, if the credit of my music was givin to someone else(ghostwrittin) but i would make a sale if the credit was excluded all together. I would also GIVE a beat as opposed to selling it if i knew the MC(s) were reallly tuff and deserved it due to their skill.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <table style=filter:GLOW(color=Black)></table\>54 East Productions<table style=filter:GLOW(color=Black)></table>

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

prophiit
    ghostwriting is a wierd thing to me.......for the person ghostwriting hey if you are good and you can make a little cash writing for someone i wouldn't think you were a sellout you are just making money........but really what self-respecting emcee should ever need a ghostwriter........in hip hop your lyrics are what seperates you from the pack...........it's not like you're in a band and play guitar.................your words ARE your skill.............so if you use a ghostwriter then you are basically a poser...............a wackcee who is just pretending..............beats are different because you can't really spit every song without a good beat and making beats is not something just anyone can do...........if you can spit then you don't neccesarily have to be good at making beats.................but if you can't spit can't make beats..........then basically you just all around suck................1