Having trouble keeping up with the many personalities of Kool Keith? Have no fear. Keith is gearing up to release The Lost Masters, a chronology of songs featuring 16 of his alter egos.

"This project contains lots of lost songs, "exclusive" songs that I'd play for myself. I was planning to keep it confined, but I like making records, even if I don't have a release date. These tracks were recorded and so far ahead of their time and recorded at separate times in various mind frames, they were marinated. And now they're ready," Keith said.

Keith said that he hates working on a record for more than one hour and dislikes writing in the recording studio.

In the studio, he said he frequently strives to get his vocals done in five minutes.

"Throughout my career, I've been striving to be known as 'The incredible same-day mixer.' When I get in my flow, I feel like I want to knock out two albums in sixteen hours."

This recording ethic accounts for the amount of material the co-founder of the seminal rap group Ultramagnetic MC's releases.

He has recorded under such aliases as Dr. Octagon, Poppa Large, Keith Matthew Thornton, Rhythm X, Dr. Dooom, Big Willie Smith, Robbie Analog, Mr. Gerbik and The New Black Elvis.

"My image is all about grunge, sex and attitude," Keith continued. "I never needed just one subject to rap about. That's what this release is all about."

The Lost Masters hits stores August 19.

FiendWorld