User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: TLC - What Level Of Threat Are You?

Battle Record
    32-6
    Awards Haymaker Maddnes Champion - Champed Haymaker Madness 4 1-2 Punch HW Champion - Award Request Accepted 25+ Wins GFX HOF - for helping out with site graphics SOTW - for helping out with site graphics LLL Season Champion - Champing An LL Season LLL Champion

TLC - What Level Of Threat Are You?

THRT LVLS CYPH

Coming Soon

Battle Record
    32-6
    Awards Haymaker Maddnes Champion - Champed Haymaker Madness 4 1-2 Punch HW Champion - Award Request Accepted 25+ Wins GFX HOF - for helping out with site graphics SOTW - for helping out with site graphics LLL Season Champion - Champing An LL Season LLL Champion

Re: TLC - What Level Of Threat Are You?

https://i.ibb.co/TPtHRXx/attributes.png

What you're looking at here is, in short, the 8 distinct attributes that will serve as a point system to connect the TLC and LLL S24. You have:

Personals
    Wordplays
    Nameflips
    Freshness
    Comedy
    Criticals
    Directness
    Creativity

Each attribute is worth 1 point. You can score a total of 8 points per bar. That is, if you can emphasize any of these attributes and make them go dark (this action will be further demonstrated in the first battle.)

The amount of points you come out of each battle with has many variables. Here are 3 possibilities, at the extreme, if you're able to make all 8 attributes go dark (+1) per bar.

10-line Battle: 40 pts
    12-line Battle: 48 pts
    16-line Battle: 64 pts

However, those point totals aren't a given, so raising the line total to 18, 20, or even 30 won't guarantee you a large gain. It all goes back to those 8 attributes, your ability as a writer will either make them go dark or have no impact whatsoever. How many of them, and in how many different combinations you use them, per bar, is what's important. This doesn't mean that simply using any one of those attributes and lazily putting them together will get you points, either. There is a quality factor in play.

My absence from the league, in part, is to specifically judge the quality of each bar. From setup to closer, eyeing the presence or absence of those 8 attributes. The points are cumulative, so there were be a leaderboard. Every score, for every bar in every battle, will be recorded starting now with Week 1.

Which brings me to the TLC. Yes, it's just a regular cypher, but it will be a reoccurring event all season long.

Low Level - 2 Bar Limit, Unlocks Next Level Access
    Medium Level - 4 Bar Limit, Unlocks Next Level Access
    High Level - 6 Bar Limit, Championship and Accomplishment

Let's think about this with our newfound knowledge of the point system. It would be possible for you to score 16 points at Low Level, 32 points at Medium Level, and 48 points at High Level. What was just a regular cypher that you could champ and get an accomp for, became a fucking lootsplosion that reoccurs all season long.

The "Unlocks Next Level Access" bit means that you can't just randomly jump into a Medium or High Level Cypher. You have to be present for all the cyphers. Low, Medium, High. Again, this is another reason why I'm not actively battling, I will be judging the 3 cyphers myself. My working idea for that is bottom eliminations. I will discuss more about the TLC in Ep. 2 of the vodcast.

Okay, so, what purpose does this point system serve and what can it do for you. There are 3 Threat Levels, Regular (Low), Contender (Medium), Championship (High). You get THOSE designations from the TLC, and they apply to your profile card. But there is also a 4th and final level that I haven't mentioned yet. And how it works is very similar to being verified on Twitter, it's an accomplishment and designation that doesn't change with each passing season of LLL (like the other 3, they will be reset each season). It is the Lethal threat level.

Ending the season with the highest point total means that you are the embodiment of what the Lethal Lyricist League is all about. An all-around, superbly talented writer, text battler, and of course, lethal lyricist.

Now, the working idea for this is, the first and second place finishers will battle for the honors.

Or, if you guys are somehow miraculously interested in all of this, the top 4 finishers will be involved in a mini-tournament. This will all be concluded by the end of LLL S24, within LLL S24. Let me know what you think.

I also wanted to say that if you have a verse ready for your battle, and your opponent no-shows, don't lose the opportunity for yourself to earn points. Just send it to me and I will include it in the weekly recaps.

Starting now you will want to take advantage of every opportunity that the mods give you, special events, roasts, showcases, and so on (within the league.). I will be keeping statistics and updating the leaderboard myself.