User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Showing results 16 to 26 of 26

Thread: Oatmeal (Topical)

Battle Record
    112-23
    Awards FL Tag Champion AOTW 100+ Wins SAP Champion FL Champion 1-2 Punch HW Champion LLL Season Champion LLL Champion OM HOF

Re: Oatmeal (Topical)

Most likely because that's what Dagel put most of for your links lol. If you have more you would like to add please do so to help us smooth this out.
    カミノコトバ

Battle Record
    40-7
    Awards OM HOF Golden Glove Champion LLL HOF 25+ Wins

http://rapbattles.com/forum/showthre...its&highlight=

http://rapbattles.com/forum/showthre...ins-by-Tech-KO

otherwise just search my name in open mic, speaks for itself. Idk if I'm just an idiot, but I can't find my old FL battles or the LLL forum at all lol. So allow me to demystify some misconceptions in here.

first, to whoever said I didn't battle the "heavy hitters." Here are some of my contemporaries while I was in SS: soulstice, black, brandon cee, cry, fresh, malice, nahlidge, token, and that's all I can think of off the top of my head. So that's an inaccurate assessment. I'm not going to go into my topical accomplishments elsewhere on the internet, but suffice it to say I'm more well-regarded than just about everyone currently in Legends. only reason I bring that up is because, if anything, the knocks against this bid (which was a pleasant surprise, by the way) should only be regarding my accomplishments; anyone questioning the actual writing is risible.

as far as battling, I was undefeated in the LLL, culminating in an LLL HOF win in a champ match against King (who should also be a shoe-in for Legends tbh). I had a tenure as FL champ where I defended it the max allowable times, all my defenses against former or future FL champs. I also had strong stints in 1-2 and haiku. On a sidenote, I used to have a page in the TNL subforum that linked every single thing I did on RB, don't know what happened to it.

the main flaw in my ledger is no big tournament win. I was a semifinalist twice in the gauntlet, both times losing to the eventual champ (in one case, by a single vote). I also was a season finalist against Black for SS, in one of the best - if not THE best - topical match on RB in recent memory. I've gone back and read probably 2/3 of topical battles on this site, and not many are even remotely close. I'd genuinely like to see a link to something better. Other than that, there were very few tournaments that took place while I was most active. can't hold someone for being 0/0 when there were 0 opportunities.

and as King mentioned, I was nominated three times for legends at a time when this forum was a graveyard, two of them getting in. Oatmeal moved the needle.

many people boast exorbitant stats of double-digit OM HOF's and whatnot, which honestly is a testament to a. the overall weakness of the scene and b. the bullshit that permeated the topical parts of this site for a long time. This is not new information. If I don't get in, it's because I haven't won a tournament, that's really about it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    112-23
    Awards FL Tag Champion AOTW 100+ Wins SAP Champion FL Champion 1-2 Punch HW Champion LLL Season Champion LLL Champion OM HOF

and cos you haven't beat Wordz AhGod. #justsaying
    カミノコトバ

Battle Record
    40-7

Quote Originally Posted by Wordz AhGod. View Post
    and cos you haven't beat Wordz AhGod. #justsaying
    YET

set it up, haiku death match

Battle Record
    112-23

if it wasn't because Im scared of you.. I would, you safe for now bro..

*walks away slowly*
    カミノコトバ

Battle Record
    40-7

Quote Originally Posted by Wordz AhGod. View Post
    if it wasn't because Im scared of you.. I would, you safe for now bro..

*walks away slowly*
    lol, at any rate, not sure what is happening here. Yes votes from King, you, Baron Mynd, no votes from Pairadyce, Nahlidge, Mantra, Atti, with DEV and It's Moist abstaining thus far.

Soule

Everybody was voting no for text and some people were voting yes for topical. Then King PM'd me and said I should just nominate you for topical because you'd have a better chance. Like literally , NOBODY said yes when I had your text achievements up. And like four people said no. So some votes were deleted and I edited out your text links so it'd be topical only.

Battle Record
    40-7

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Soul™ View Post
    Everybody was voting no for text and some people were voting yes for topical. Then King PM'd me and said I should just nominate you for topical because you'd have a better chance. Like literally , NOBODY said yes when I had your text achievements up. And like four people said no. So some votes were deleted and I edited out your text links so it'd be topical only.
    I feel you, I just think it's silly to distinguish between the two. The PERSON should be nominated, as a whole. If the person did a bunch of shit, it should all be looked at and evaluated together. It's not topical legends and battling legends, it's just legends.

Soule

Agreed But you're not an audio legend.

^ me fooling around with the voice option on my iPhone keyboard lol sorryX

Cosmic thought projection Mimic's Avatar
    Battle Record
    60-35
    Awards FL Tournament Winner 50+ Wins Haiku Champion LLL HOF

Yes
    I make the type of pieces that make Jesus say God damn - Cole