0 0%
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Laureate

Soule

Laureate

1x Legendary Poem

5x Open Mic Hall of Fame
    18x Poetic Scriptures Hall of Fame

I know most are gonna stop, and be like "oh but Ben didn't champ a league! He didn't champ a tournament! He ain't got more legendary pieces nahmean!" but before you move forward with that bullshit, stop and look at his material. The guy barely posted his work at all, maybe once or twice a month. But basically everything the guy posted ended up in hall of fame. Quality over quantity. The guy was unique where unique fits best.
    Last edited by Soule; November 9th, 2011 at 11:55 PM

You've earned a custom title! Cody Nash's Avatar
    Battle Record
    242-30
    Awards LLL HOF PS Champion/IE Champion Legendary OM Legendary Member SS Season Champion SS HW Champion OM HOF FL Champion 200+ Wins Haiku Season Champion

Re: Laureate

his presence and his writing is always something that sticks out in my mind when I 'remember' how RB use to be when I started.. this is the guy a lot of people wanted to be. I think that in itself is a legendary quality. imo, the only reason he didn't champ much is because he didn't really compete very often.

I disagree with people when they say accomplishments make the legend. this guy is a perfect example of how pure talent and ability can make that just the same...

Battle Record
    4-10

Well, this one is a no brainer. Ben hasn't been around but his work is timeless. Just vist legendary pieces and HOF. His is work is insightful as well as creative. Gave me some pointers as well when I first came here, calling out IJL but that's another story.

I vote yes, it's about time the poetry vets got some appreciation around here.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Scytsophrenia

On that next level.. but STILL fuckin' crazy.

[soundclick]7321513[/soundclick]

Battle Record
    26-9
    Awards PS Champion/IE Champion PC HOF PS HOF PS Season champ OM HOF Legendary PC

There are many pieces that should be legends... dude is a monster.

v/ IN

Battle Record
    62-46
    Awards SS HW Champion Haiku Champion FL Champion PS Champion/IE Champion WOP Champion OM HOF PC HOF 50+ Wins

Went I went bak an reviewed just half the shit he wrote and seeing it was getting slept on and his presence being put to the side as the other half of IJL as smoka mostly ran it it j notice everyone forgot BEN dude was illy and my bro back then kept it real and he helped me get my writing passed barricades when needed dude def... Gets an in now
    ARTIFICIAL | PO'ETHICS | INTELLIGENCE

Battle Record
    16-7

Quote Originally Posted by ThatKidCry View Post
    his presence and his writing is always something that sticks out in my mind when I 'remember' how RB use to be when I started.. this is the guy a lot of people wanted to be. I think that in itself is a legendary quality. imo, the only reason he didn't champ much is because he didn't really compete very often.

I disagree with people when they say accomplishments make the legend. this guy is a perfect example of how pure talent and ability can make that just the same...
    I agree wholeheartedly

Never spoke with the guy on personal note
    But we never had to speak, his writtens said everything
    In..
    "Four letter words or four syllable words won't make you a poet
    It will only magnify how shallow you are, and let everybody know it."
    -Gil Scott Heron.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    .Infekted Penz.
    .Nightmares.

Soule

Anybody who forgot to poll, please do so.

Don't worry, I go through and edit polls anyway.
    -oats
    Last edited by oatmeal; November 10th, 2011 at 05:07 PM

Banned
    Battle Record
    44-45

I remember reading many of his pieces back in the day, very skilled writer. i vote yes.

Battle Record
    6-6

Yea, I agree. In this case, the fact that he doesn't have the 'pedigree' that others have are partially due to some pieces not being nominated and recognized in the first place. He was a gentle monster when I was with him in IJL and quite versatile with his writtens, from spoken word, to emotional topicals and poetry drops. I think the fact that he represents some of the peaks of poetry and topicals at rb makes him a strong candidate to begin with. He has a legendary piece already, which for me, could take the place at the very least of champing a league or anything of that sort. I vote Yes.

As a side note, voters, please check and give your opinions to the piece I nominated him for that sprung this interest, 'Elements Of Desire'. Thanks
    TNL
    The Birth Of Creation
    --Help us begin

[YOUTUBE]4sZK4Hd28VA[/YOUTUBE]

Battle Record
    64-17
    Awards Legendary Battle SAP Champion 1-2 Season Champion FL Champion LLL Champion Haiku Champion OM HOF Legendary Member LLL Season Champion PC HOF

Having a poem in Legends as well as an impressive 18x HOF, I think this is a great nomination. I read the legendary poem and I couldn't agree more that his writing ability is on par with other Legends. I vote IN.

That makes the count 9-0, Time is up so I'm going to close this and induct him. Congratulations.
    The Last Level