User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 15 of 16

Thread: Life Story

Life Story

[SOUNDCLICK]10909795[/SOUNDCLICK]

I dont really do audio so i probably suck and should stick to text but fuck it lol here it is i'll add feed links asap. lemme know what ya think.
    (Instrumental&hook by Atomic Beats)
    Last edited by Mr. Write; August 4th, 2011 at 12:23 AM

it aint hatin if you suck I-M-E's Avatar

Re: Life Story

u should stick to audio, txt is a waste of time and not as satisfying

....hooks dope, beats good minus gay ass tags, your flow is a bit choppy, i can tell you would clean it up with more practice, needa up the delivery also, lyrics seem pretty good man....def keep at audio dude
    The Hip Hop Sounds Of...
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks for the feedback man, i'll keep at it and practice more.

Up'n

You've Earned a Custom Title!

The beat is aight. Really Rock influenced. The hook is pretty nice. You have a good delivery but it was kind of choppy but you'll get better with practice. Your emotion will get better too. Your lyrics was definitely onpoint though. With more songs you record the more comfortable you'll sound on the mic but this was pretty cool. Just keep working. Return the favor http://rapbattles.com/forum/showthre...272/index.html

You've Earned a Custom Title! VulcanSpacecraft's Avatar
    Battle Record
    0-1

Um, here's some REAL feed

People always say your delivery gets better when you practice.. but they never say practice what. Practice what exactly? Rapping? How do you practice rapping? lolol To practice you should listen to the beat first.. then like freestyle to it. See how your voice feels like cooperating with the beat. If it's totally different than reading off a paper and reading lines then you know how to change your delivery.. and then practice your lines first before trying to lay down a take. Don't just read lines like its rapping, that's not rapping. Rapping is vocal. That's why when you are going off with ideas fresh from the head to a beat it sounds more natural.. you're going with the rhythm. When you read lines you're not thinking about the beat anymore.. you're trying to keep up with the beat instead of flowing with it and becoming apart of it. Practice diction, breath control, your own style of delivery. Don't be monotonous and rap like everybody else. Try finding your own style of delivery. Every rapper sounds different.

As for the track- it's not bad. You've got potential. I've heard WAY worse from people who write raps making their first ever song. You're better than me when I first started doing audio.. I think like a year and some change ago. I was really awkward with vocalizing my raps and that's the problem a lot of guys face in the beginning.

But yeah, try different things when writing. Try the freestyling, try to bouncing around of ideas, try seeing how a line sounds, tweak it, make every line sound as authentic as possible so the listener can say to himself "yeah he's really putting a lot into it" instead of "oh it doesn't seem so convincing". if something sounds awkward, FIX IT. Don't just brush it off and say "that'll just stay there". Make it BETTER. Make your verse fucking ill.. if theres awkward parts or parts that sound rushed slow it down.. rewrite the line if the whole bar doesn't fit.
    And above all OWN IT.. when you record your verse it's your world.. treat the mic like you're the man. When a listener hears it they should be hearing someone who is confident in everything they say, cuz it's all real.

Keep "practicing" .. lol jk i hate that. Try applying at least a tidbit of what I said. Good drop. Couldn't finish the whole song though.
    Last edited by VulcanSpacecraft; August 2nd, 2011 at 12:27 PM

it aint hatin if you suck I-M-E's Avatar

lol u practice rapping by continuing to do it, eventually u will catch on with your mic presence and be more comftorable with playing with your delivery, when your comftorable on the mic and become more confident seeign yourself get better and recieve better feed you tend to want to challenge yourself to try new things and get more into the songs, and learn from others that you hear and take what you learn and try to mimic things like the emotion they use on their own tracks for certain types of tracks they use certain emotions on....can only really learn it by realizing when u do it yourself that it sounds better and that comes by actually practicing it
    The Hip Hop Sounds Of...

Battle Record
    3-2

your writin' is pretty decent... with time you'll probably be aight... if you enjoy doin' it and keep workin' on it then eventually it'll start to feel more natural and you'll start soundin' better... like dude said, you gotta learn to "listen" to the beat and work with it... and like other dude said, keep spittin' a lot and often until you're comfortable with your sound and your flow...

atomic beats is a sick producer did he actually give u this beat ? cuz if he did get him to take the tags out..

cant really comment on the flow as most of it has been said but keep at it man definitely got the ability to write jut need to channel that natural emotion which comes with time ...

good work bruh!
    Youtube - JMIN SCHOBS
    Spotify - JMIN SCHOBS
    AMAZON - JMIN SCHOBS
    AppleMusic - JMIN MUSIC
    Ect...... JMIN SCHOBS

ur flow is kinda choppy u gotta flow on the beat more try drinkin some alcohol before you rap to loosen you up some so it doesnt sound so stiff try to have fun with it and just flow it more natural
    Buy Two Beats Get One Beat Free at

Thanks for all the feed peeps. I'll keep working at it.

and no he didnt, just a free download off shadowville.com

Up'n

look i actually like the concept of this song i found myself bobbing my head which means that i was feeling it. flow is chopy i suffer from the same issue becausei find it difficult to remember lyrics. for some reason when i hear myself through the phones it fucks me up once in a while. ive been practicing songs for a week before recording them and now they flow better and sound more natural. please listen to a song i did today really nothing major just a track i had fun with. ill be posting more songs daily or every other day. any feed would be great http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/main/....com&commit=GO
    i made the beat and recorded and produced this myself finally getting good at making it sound descent

Can't stand tags on beats, just sounds amateur. Overall though man, I enjoyed this. Work on your flow a little, try to make it sounds more natural, and find beats without tags.. and you're well on your way. Nice work.