User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 15 of 20

Thread: Marvelous - Katie

Battle Record
    45-8
    Awards Legendary Audio ABL Champion BOTW AOTM AOTW Legendary Member - Award Request Accepted

Marvelous - Katie

Nominated by Swag

Man, this kid is new, and hasn't been around for a while, but this song is Legendary status. It's a fucking BEAUTIFUL song. And this is the BEST song I have heard in the past year on this site man. SO much emotion put towards this. You're a real artist, so I think you would agree.

http://www.rapbattles.com/forum/show...634/index.html
    Where the fuck was I fore they found me?
    Floatn in a meadow, dragonflies all around me
    Seeded in a ghetto, smokin cigarellos
    Stress oceans try to drown me
    Walking on water like when Christ did, glidin
    Mic in my plam like the trident in the hand of Poseidon

Soule

Re: Mavelous - Katie

Honestly. This song is just as good as Brandon Cee's Winter Snow as far as beat n delivery n flow goes. The lyrics were not as creative but there was more emotion behind them. And since bc's track is basically in... it wouldnt make sense to deny this track entrance.

Vote in.

Battle Record
    12-18

Edit:

This song should be in legends. The flow is good, the emotion is strong & the overall song is just really good. This song imo is better than some stuff that has been nominated before, or currently. This song has a real meaning.. So I vote yes because the song was executed really well.. for what it was it had alot of aspects that made it a great song.. it deserves to get in legends.

Battle Record
    18-6

Yes- It's a great song, well put together, packed full of emotion and it's on some real shit. The flow is on point, great multies & Rhyme schemes through out, I don't see why this wouldn't be considered legendary on RB.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    15-7

gets my vote. easily one of the best songs posted on rb in a while

Vote Invalid...read the rules.

-XM
    Artificial.Intelligence

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    61-50
    Awards 50+ Wins

Yes. I feel the same way towards this song as I did with Brandon's Winter Snow.

I haven't been around for long but it's the best song I've heard on here, easily.

Battle Record
    12-14

this is in the top 3 songs i've heard on rb and on the same level as winter snow. nice multis however the actual content in the lines similes/metas and just emotional as fuck lines. like
    if i could do surgery id open your chest put my heart in and hope for the best
    the skys looking so much brighter with you in it
    you cant feel pain but you should see how much we do
    the list could include like every line tbh. it's just an amassing song

Battle Record
    9-1

Ant herd shit like this in a min..I feel like the emotion was sick, ye marv is fairly new, multies were insane, i was feeling the story u was tellin, off tops one of the best i herd, you been workin hard for this i honestly think you deserve it on this drop.

" i broke down when your mother cried, cause new orleans cant compare to those flooded eyes"

dope bro

VOte-in

No Struggle, No Progress.
    [SOUNDCLICK]10645652[/SOUNDCLICK]
    Silence!,
    you fools.

Make sure you guys are voting on the poll as well. Also, ALWAYS give a VIVIDLY DETAILED Description when voting for Legends, as there is a reason they are being nominated, so there will be much to say about this. Well, my vote already counted, but I think this is SUCH a great song. I don't know if it's QUITE Winter Snow Status, but it's definitely right up there with it. I do agree this is better than a lot of songs that have been inducted, and I will stand by my vote of yes. SUCH a GREAT song. Anyone who knows the purpose and meaning of music should agree!

Battle Record
    12-8

This is easily a yes from me.

I don't check out the songs section on RB that often, but when I do, it's because I know gems like this pop up every once in a while. My favorite type of music is the kind of music that makes me feel what the artist is feeling. If I can feel like I'm right there with them, experiencing the same thing they are, the emotions they are, just based off how they're rapping about it over a beat.. then I know it's good. This song sent chills down my spine, and damn near brought tears to my eyes the first time I heard it. I listened to it about 10 times that first night.

The second verse is sick.. just how he talks about the wake, and seeing people cry who he's never seen cry in their life. I've been there. And I know exactly how that feels. And Marvelous was able to send those emotions right back through me with his lyrics.

It's rare that a song does that to me. But this song did it. And did it well..

Yes x100.

Battle Record
    36-16
    Awards 1-2 Season Champion FL Champion 25+ Wins

Most def. deserves a spot in legends. The flow, beat, and feel of the song was original, flawless, and overall, probably one of the best I've heard that has come from a member on this site. I was digging everything about this song, but the emotion that was put into played a huge factor in this songs success. This is nothing short of amazing, and deserves to have a spot in legends!

vote- IN!
    DayumNation

SirVent
    Battle Record
    13-2
    Awards PS Champion/IE Champion Haiku Champion OM HOF PC HOF SOTW

I rarely listen to the songs on this site but everyone was hypin' about this song so I figured I'd check it out. If that statement nullifies my vote then that's alright, just leaving some feedback anyway. Full of emotion, great flow, great presence and overall good quality. Legend material or not, this gets my vote. One of the things that put this song over the top for me was the realness, I could feel the pain and the emotion and from the first line of the song you could tell it was gonna be a deep, poetic song. And it didn't let me down, long story short- song is dope, vote IN.

the theory of cause and effect is flawed,
    we expect the outcome to mirror the struggle, that's wrong.

Battle Record
    59-22
    Awards FL Tournament Winner - Award nomination from Kill Spree accepted. 50+ Wins

^^^^ you hit it right on the head.

i also don't really listen to a lot of songs on RB but there was a bunch of fuss about this one. The beat was a great choice. I honestly got chills from that alone. It really sounded like you had strong feelings toward the loss of Katie. The part where you are going over what she is like was dope as hell it painted a "visual emotions". This is a song I plan on listening to MORE and is nothing short of brilliant. You obviously put a ton of thought and planning into this song as well as jam packing it with actual feelings.
    v/ YESSSIRRR

Battle Record
    32-8
    Awards 25+ Wins

I'm glad 7 of the people in here haven't even checked my thread yet.

This is dope Marv, I'm not fully convinced that it's Legendary, but I'll keep my vote at a maybe until I get home and re-listen to this bud. I'll edit here, don't delete my post!
    Legendary Song - Winter Snow

Battle Record
    2-0

This is easily the best song I've heard on here in a loooooong time, the emotion, the feeling, the overall mood of it captured me from the get go. Everything about this song is as close to perfect as it could be. Quality is dope, beat is beautiful, incredible lyricism for such a personal and deep song.. alot of times you don't hear much flashy lyrics in songs like these and that's what set this apart from the rest... vote Yes.