User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Samplers/Drum Machines

You've Earned a Custom Title! theSMURF's Avatar
    Battle Record
    0-1

Samplers/Drum Machines

i have no experience making beats, sampling, etc. but im looking to start with a sampler/drum machine. does anyone know of a cheap reliable one that'd be easy to use for someone just starting out. im looking to spend no more than 300. not sure if it'd be worth it to spend the extra cash for the MPC500 but im looking for something like it that i can sample directly to without software. i dont know what brands are reliable so any advice will help

I Get My Own Title? Cool. DJ Breeze's Avatar

Re: Samplers/Drum Machines

Just get the MPC500. It's reliable and portable.

Got a real original hip hop feel to it... really like the vibe. Lyrically its strong-- Production is on point -- nice track homie

I'd get the 1000, the 9 pads on the 500 kind of make it limiting.

just check out ebay.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You've Earned a Custom Title!

First off if this is something your not sure that you want to do then don't spend the money on equipment find someone that has it and use there equipment for now. After about a month you still want to make beats then save some money.

Do you have a MAC or PC?

If your using a MAC get Logic Pro 9 and a midi controller.
    If your on a PC then look at FL10, Reason5 and a midi controller

Getting an MPC is like going out and buy a tape deck for a car. I use to have a MPC so I am not putting them down but we are in a new age of technology,you can do everything a MPC can do cheaper and better with software.

Buy a good Midi controller with pad Akai makes some and so does M-Audio Axiom. If you need help with more and your serious hit me up. I will give you a had as I helped many studios and producers get started with equipment.

Um, I would not agree with ANY of you actually. If you don't know anything about making beats, I would start off with FL Studio. And maybe get a Midi Keyboard. THEN you can go bigger.

did you read the op's post, he stated he wanted something he could sample directly to without software.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I Get My Own Title? Cool. DJ Breeze's Avatar

They do make some good points. Drum machines are kind of obsolete now. Just get an Akai MIDI controller and Reason 5. And you can torrent that if you're into torrenting. But I don't suggest it because half the time the program is faulty and it's illegal. But at some point you're going to need software. What you could do is instead get a Casio controller with presets and use Sony Acid Pro and use that to loop your tracks. I didn't do that, so I hope I don't look like an idiot by saying that.

Quote Originally Posted by WalterEgo View Post
    did you read the op's post, he stated he wanted something he could sample directly to without software.
    He;s going to end up having to use software at some point man. LMAO. Unless he's recording with an ACTUAL Multitrack, which is a fucking waste of money IMO

That is why I asked if he had a MAC or PC I do this for a living. I get paid to help people set up production studios. He wants to sample you can do all that with software and at the end of the day that is what he will be using because he will want to record, mix and master his music or at least try.

If you have a PC get FL with midi controller or if you have a MAC Logic Pro 9 with a midi controller and call it a day.

I understand he wants to use hardware which makes no sense unless you want to feel like you can say you have an MPC which is limited to what software can do. Go with a Laptop, midi controller and software, you will thank me later when you save money from spending on use less hardware now a days.

A mpc 2000 would fall into that price range maybe but you'd be better off with software or spending more money. I got an EPS classic for $75 a few years ago but that was a lucky break. Either way I can say most of the hardware samplers in that price range are not worth the time spent in 2011.