User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 15 of 17

Thread: More Americans Work for Govt., Than Manufacturing

Battle Record
    2-11

More Americans Work for Govt., Than Manufacturing

Shunned since '01....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    36-16
    Awards 1-2 Season Champion FL Champion 25+ Wins

Re: More Americans Work for Govt., Than Manufactur

Manufacturing, fishing, mining, utilities, Farming and forestry combined.

Even though unemployment has recent dropped to 8.8 percent, here is one fact that is over looked by the media. Public sector workers are payed with taxes, therefore they do not provide any additional income for the government. When you have almost a quarter of the working class working in the public sector, it puts a burden on the other 75%, especially with the past two presidents fiscal policy.

It's truly amazing that the government is the countries largest employer...
    DayumNation

-The Original-
    Battle Record
    10-2
    Awards LLL Season Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Cleofus View Post
    Manufacturing, fishing, mining, utilities, Farming and forestry combined.

Even though unemployment has recent dropped to 8.8 percent, here is one fact that is over looked by the media. Public sector workers are payed with taxes, therefore they do not provide any additional income for the government. When you have almost a quarter of the working class working in the public sector, it puts a burden on the other 75%, especially with the past two presidents fiscal policy.

It's truly amazing that the government is the countries largest employer...

i see your arguement but its a little misleading, you make it seem like they dont pay taxes just because they are paid by the taxpayers. their income annually is lower than private sector jobs, in most cases, there are exceptions. none of them are millionaires, very few would be viewed as rich. they are middle to lower class americans who work everyday just like everyone else. it does not put a burden on the other 75% of americans. you telling me a police officer, fireman, teachers etc, dont deserve to be paid a decent salary. firemen and policeman risk there lives everyday and to have someone say their pay is a burden is not fair to them. teachers help shape the minds of our youth, it is in no way an easy job and most are underpaid, they are not the burden, trust me

Battle Record
    36-16

their income annually is lower than private sector jobs, in most cases, there are exceptions. none of them are millionaires, very few would be viewed as rich
    Nancy pelosi, Barack Obama, Harry Reid... All government workers and millionaires. Need I go on? Sure there are hundreds of politicians that are millionaires, but to say that private sector workers make more is wrong. If I am not mistaking, the average pay for public sector jobs is 80,000 dollars per year. In the private sector it is 55,000.

I'll post the facts in a minute but you are very misinformed on both of these subjects
    DayumNation

Battle Record
    36-16

DayumNation

a portion of the wages in both sectors go back to the employer IE the GE employeee may buy a GE car, the senator pays a tax.

Most people aren't debating the legitamcy of the work itself, it's the legitmacy of how the labor is paid. The private sector earns money by convinving people to volunatirly purchase the product, it's a legitmatite transaction.
    The gov. uses force to extract it's wealth, if you don't pay then you go to jail and have your property seized. The aspect of having a choice is removed, and that doesn't bode well with some people.
    Also public sector jobs are policy issues, which effect everyone directly. An issue in private sector is just that, private. Involving only those parties who have a personal interest.

-The Original-
    Battle Record
    10-2
    Awards LLL Season Champion

funny how you only mentioned 3 democrats in your little example, but thats cool, i'll play that game. in case you didnt know, Obama was a college professor at an ivy league university, they dont get chump change and he was/is an author, he made his millions before he was president. the taxpayers didnt make him a millionaire, Pelosi and Reid like every other politician get all kinds of monetary incentives from lobbyist and special interest, majority of them (politicians) have investments in things outside of politics that make them money. Yes the longer serving members and the President have bigger salaries, but they are not the majority of the public workers. government workers are also firemen, teachers, policeman,mail men, etc. dude do me a favor, look up the wealthiest members of congress and research how they got to be miilionaires.
    none of them made their millions off govt paid salaries. yes they get paid well, but there is not one member of congress or the president that gets paid millions of dollars from taxpayers.

but this isnt even the point, the point should be why are there more govt jobs than manufacture jobs. well do the math, when our trade system and tax system allows companies to manufacture goods overseas for much lower wages and then sell them over here, thats a problem. they call it capitalism but i would beg to differ. thats a whole other issue in itself.

Battle Record
    36-16

Countless companies have come out and said that the issue with sending jobs overseas is not wages. It is that there are massive incentives ie. Tax cuts for corporations to send their jobs over seas.

You are missing my point with the public sector jobs though...

Public sector jobs pay more than private sector, plus there is benifits that the worker does not have to contribute to. Yet the private sector has to contribute to their own pension and benefits. Thereby further increasing total money received by workers.

It is not the public sector that produce the GDP, they are paid from it. The private sector makes the GDP.
    DayumNation

Battle Record
    36-16

And FYI... The president makes 400,000 dollars a year.

The president considers someone to be wealthy when they make 250,000 or more.

No doubt the way the politicians got their money, that is legit. But the fact that the private sector makes their money in as much the same way... Negates all controversy on that issue. But AVERAGE jobs pay more in the public sector... There is no denying it.
    DayumNation

You've Earned a Custom Title!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr W.Rite View Post
    but this isnt even the point, the point should be why are there more govt jobs than manufacture jobs. well do the math, when our trade system and tax system allows companies to manufacture goods overseas for much lower wages and then sell them over here, thats a problem. they call it capitalism but i would beg to differ. thats a whole other issue in itself.
    On that note, we as americans should boycott any business who actively sends jobs overseas. That alone is the only way to get jobs back to our workforce. This all comes at a price tho. Instead of going for the cheapest goods we will have to bite the bullet and pay more which most people are unable or unwilling to do.

On that note, we as americans should boycott any business who actively sends jobs overseas. That alone is the only way to get jobs back to our workforce. This all comes at a price tho. Instead of going for the cheapest goods we will have to bite the bullet and pay more which most people are unable or unwilling to do.
    I think the "buy american" attitude needs to accompanied with an emphasis on local economies and producers.
    I think the price would be higher at first, but as demand shifted to these locally based producers, you'd see more investment and job creation to tap in to that market, and increasing the supply to equal out.

Battle Record
    18-6

Enjoy your police state.

:hosea1:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    36-16

Probably have one before long
    DayumNation

Battle Record
    26-9
    Awards PS Champion/IE Champion PC HOF PS HOF PS Season champ OM HOF Legendary PC

government control

You've Earned a Custom Title!

Quote Originally Posted by fo'trill View Post
    I think the "buy american" attitude needs to accompanied with an emphasis on local economies and producers.
    I think the price would be higher at first, but as demand shifted to these locally based producers, you'd see more investment and job creation to tap in to that market, and increasing the supply to equal out.
    I agree to a extent, in that the price would come down slightly after the infrastructure was built up to support and produce these products. The only exception is having to pay people a livable wage...That has always been the problem with this country and more over every country to date. We have the money to support a healthy, thriving populus but we squander it on useless things and it gets sucked up by a select few.

The minimum wage needs to be about double what it is now to really start helping the lil guy so to speak. This also would provide the biggest incentive for those leaching off the system to go out and be productive. It would solve the healthcare crisis as well because people could afford to buy their own insurance without as much sacrifice. Crime rates would fall because most crime develops out of economic need rather then to just commit crimes for the sake of it. There are other less tangible benefits that could be weighed in on and debated but for now thats all i got.