User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Sigh....always about race...

Back at it like an addict Dre Mack Musick's Avatar

Sigh....always about race...

was checkin in on my nigga barrack o-beezy and popped this out

Washington (CNN) -- Support for President Obama has dropped below 50 percent for the first time in a CNN poll despite high marks for his recently announced Afghanistan policy.

Forty-eight percent of Americans questioned in a CNN/Opinion Research Corp. national survey released Friday said they approve of the job Obama is doing as president -- a drop of 7 percentage points from a survey last month.

Fifty percent said they do not approve. The difference of 2 percentage points between approval and disapproval falls within the range of the poll's sampling error.

"The poll indicates that the biggest drop in approval comes from noncollege-educated white voters," said Keating Holland, CNN's polling director. "That's one indication among many that Obama's growing unpopularity may be more related to unemployment and the poor economy" than to factors such as his strategy for Afghanistan.

Six in 10 of those questioned said they favor Obama's move to send 30,000 more troops to that country. Two-thirds also support his plan to start removing U.S. forces from Afghanistan in 2011 -- although the poll indicates most Americans think that announcing such a date in advance was a bad idea, and they are skeptical about whether conditions then will allow the United States to meet that goal.

And support for Obama's policies does not translate into backing for the war; a majority still said they oppose U.S. action in that country.

"That may currently be a reflection on George W. Bush rather than Obama," Holland said. "Two-thirds say they blame the former president, not Obama, for the problems the U.S. currently faces in Afghanistan."

But the poll suggests the conflict eventually may become Obama's war, with 54 percent saying they will blame him for any problems the U.S. faces in Afghanistan in 2011.

The poll was conducted Wednesday and Thursday after the president spelled out his new Afghanistan policy in a prime-time address Tuesday night at the U.S. Military Academy at West Point, New York.

Several polls in late November indicated Obama's approval rating had dipped this low even before this week's speech. Weekly averages of national polls from mid-October through mid-November showed Obama's approval consistently at 52 percent or 53 percent.

"But in the week before Thanksgiving, his average approval rating slipped to 49 percent -- solid evidence that something was going on before Obama announced his Afghan policy," Holland said.

Obama's rating dropped 18 percentage points among noncollege whites, but 4 points among whites who attended college, a good indication the economy and other domestic issues may be hurting the president.

Obama also dropped 15 percentage points among whites under 50, but 4 points among older whites.

"That may partly be due to Afghanistan," Holland said, "but the young are also the group hardest hit when unemployment rises. The same is true for white women, whose approval of Obama dropped 12 points."

Obama is not the first president to drop below 50 percent in his first year in the White House. President Reagan's approval rating dipped to 49 percent in November 1981 and stayed below that mark for two years. President Clinton also dropped well below the 50 percent mark by May 1993, the fastest fall on record.

The CNN/Opinion Research poll was conducted by telephone, with 1,041 people questioned. The survey's overall sampling error is plus or minus 3 percentage points.

CNN deputy political director Paul Steinhauser contributed to this report.

nothin shockin in here

but the whole "WHITE voters under 50, WHITE non college educated, WHITE voters under 30" i mean cmon =/ does it matter:hosea:

how bout non college grads
    how bout voters under 50

or at least if u gonna put "the WHITE" you gotta at least put "the BLACK"

i summed the whole article up as white people aint fuckin wit barack no more and i think thats the message they intended to give....:hung:

do somethin :vanja:
    GRINDHOUSE SHUN!
    Hoe'n Ya Life(Diss to -Key-)
    [SOUNDCLICK]9991677[/SOUNDCLICK]
    [YOUTUBE]esNW3doH-0U[/YOUTUBE]
    ---- My Fam ----
    That Guy - That Guy ft. 45th

Re: Sigh....always about race...

well White people are the majority in this country, and most Black people are in love with Barack Obama for obvious reasons.

it's like that strange dichotomy when Rappers break the law and go to prison and you still see people with "Free ____" shirts.

I knew it was only a matter of time before Obama fell out of public favor, he really hasn't done much to fix shit, he was ushered in as a savior, but he's just another President.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

nousecryingover.spiltmilk artisan.'s Avatar

i dont understand why only white people were polled?

Banned
    Battle Record
    7-2

yea, considering the guy is half white I'm pretty sure that this is racist.

nousecryingover.spiltmilk artisan.'s Avatar

well ok so they polled white people but what about all the other citizens? where is their voice?

even if the president was just one race black, white, asian, hispanic I dont see why they would poll just one demographic
    [YOUTUBE]HoTqpEu_Vc4[/YOUTUBE]
    "... for this was how I thought
    poetry worked: you digested experience and shat

literature...."-William Mathews

Battle Record
    26-9
    Awards PS Champion/IE Champion PC HOF PS HOF PS Season champ OM HOF Legendary PC

Quote Originally Posted by Friendly Negro View Post
    well White people are the majority in this country, and most Black people are in love with Barack Obama for obvious reasons.

it's like that strange dichotomy when Rappers break the law and go to prison and you still see people with "Free ____" shirts.

I knew it was only a matter of time before Obama fell out of public favor, he really hasn't done much to fix shit, he was ushered in as a savior, but he's just another President.
    Kind of my thoughts...
    People expect some grand in the first year... they didnt think it would take a long time.

Battle Record
    6-3
    Awards WOP Champion

babe - they polled randomly, they're just listing the stats for what the white ppl answered

ie: they start the poll by asking what race the person is and how old they are etc... then at the end they look at it and see what the latino answers were, what the white answers were, what they young ppl answers were etc... and for some reason the article only talked about the white ppl answers... because apparently the author wanted to make a point... which makes this more propaganda than news

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'm dead.

Hence Forward

Battle Record
    30-12

Quote Originally Posted by friendly negro View Post
    well white people are the majority in this country, and most black people are in love with barack obama for obvious reasons.

It's like that strange dichotomy when rappers break the law and go to prison and you still see people with "free ____" shirts.

I knew it was only a matter of time before obama fell out of public favor, he really hasn't done much to fix shit, he was ushered in as a savior, but he's just another president.

get outta mah head charles

-The Original-
    Battle Record
    10-2
    Awards LLL Season Champion

I just dont understand how people dont give any President let alone this President a little slack for what he walked into. Im not going to bash Bush, thats been done enough, but I will atleast point out the things this President or any other President walked into day one.

-A deteriorating economy..
    -in the middle of two wars, one been over funded and one underfunded
    -already high unemployment, which everyone predicted would get worse before it got better know matter what steps were taken to slow down the trend.
    -the bailout of the banks and the controversy surrounding that
    -the guantanamo bay controversy, which was started by this administration but one that had to be dealt with regardless the outcome.
    -and then there is the most obvious, the healthcare debate. this is his biggest concern. its one that has caused the most uproar and the biggest divide of the parties.

all, not one, but all of these were issues and grave concerns any president would have had to deal with coming into his presidency. A republican President i suspect may not have made healthcare a major point of emphasis, but that doesnt mean the problem didnt exist, with the growing unemployment and the rise of people losing their health coverage it is an issue that has to be talked about. Im not saying i agree or disagree with either side, but i commend the President for bringing this issue to the forefront and having a debate about it.

so to say he is doing nothing and he is just another President, while he is at least trying to tackle some of the major problems this country is having to deal with, all at once, i would say is unfair.

not to mention the constant bickering from the opposing party.
    this is a party that was opposed to the President of the United States getting on TV and telling american youth to work hard and stay in school. this is the same party that would find a way to blame Obama for the sun not shining bright enough.
    my opinion is its hard to get things done in one term, let alone one year...

^ all valid points.

But the average citizen doesn't care about how tough the job is, they want to see results. Right now people aren't in their comfort zone because of all the shit thats going on, Obama was ushered in as something he's not, and now everyone is sick of the Elephant in the room not doing what it was supposed to.

Banned
    Battle Record
    7-2

Depending on your political philosophy, some of those points were not valid.

I personally believe that half of the shit that Obama has done a terrible job at handling, would have already been done and over with if Ron Paul had gotten in office.

that's my take.. and now a final comment

'but im glad obama got in office, now the minorities will finally shut up about racism in this country' - random white parent

stupidest.reason.to.put.up.with.a.president.evar

-The Original-
    Battle Record
    10-2
    Awards LLL Season Champion

Quote Originally Posted by SinAmen View Post
    Depending on your political philosophy, some of those points were not valid.

I personally believe that half of the shit that Obama has done a terrible job at handling, would have already been done and over with if Ron Paul had gotten in office.

that's my take.. and now a final comment

'but im glad obama got in office, now the minorities will finally shut up about racism in this country' - random white parent

stupidest.reason.to.put.up.with.a.president.evar

Well i would say that just because u dont believe in ones political philosophy doesnt mean the steps they are taking is wrong. when u think about it most of what someones philosophy is, is based largely on opinion. When you disagree with someone political philosophy, its always easy to say the decisions they make are wrong. because you obviously see it differently. U refuse to think outside the box, therefore even a positive outcome causes u to be skeptical... Its natural, and we all are guilty of this trend especially when it comes to politics. I dont old even hold it against people. Just thought i would throw that out to think about. i mean as much as people claim to be or at least try to be objective, its just not easy to do during times likes these. Its much easier to blame someone and believe if that person didnt do what they did things would be better. I hate to break it to people but this is one of those periods where things have to slowly get better overtime. it will happen but it wont happen overnight.

alot of it is psychological...i didnt agree with Obama constantly saying "this is the worse economy since the Great Depression" , i commend him for being honest but hearing the President of the United State constantly say that makes people uneasy about their financial situation no matter how well or bad they were financially. At the same time if he didnt be honest, people would think he is trying to hide something. He cant win this battle. And the banter from both the left and the right definetly didnt help the situation. both sides trying to sell their political philosophy and both sides saying the other side is wrong in their approach no matter how sane and justifiable their approach is.

its all nonsense when u really think about it

You've Earned a Custom Title! Black Hornet's Avatar
    Battle Record
    47-16
    Awards 25+ Wins

well, considering the flaws of democracy since the creation of the system, Obama is doing the same thing any other president may do in his shoes, which is try to steer the country in the right direction. Race aside, the issue isn't simply black and white. There is a lot of things people would do if they were president, and I do agree that all the people wasnt to see is results, but Americans stood steady through many a tough time and supported past presidents with their decisions good or bad. I tihnk people should just give support if they can.

As for jobs, why does it seem the sole responsibility lies on the president to create them? There are a number of large American corporations who have plenty of resources. The company owners don't seem to be doing much to create jobs, and in fact they are doing the opposite by laying people off/ firing them at times. The problem is, they seem to be too greedy and would rather be self preservationalists and worry about how many BMWs, Ferrari's etc they've got than to try and help the average family guy put food on his table. Hell, I'm sure enough people are just lazy, but for those who are motivated, they would more than likely do just about any dirty job for low pay as long as it meant being able to provide the nessecities.

Do you think that everyone should look to the president to creat jobs? Can he magicaly pull a job for him and her out of thin air?
    Do you think it's more realistic for company owners to sacrifice a few bucks off their large salaries and create a few make-work projects?
    What would a Caucasian president do?
    What would Bush do? LOL...j/k

Cypher Sadist
    Battle Record
    37-15
    Awards AOTW 25+ Wins VBL Champion Legendary Member ABL Season Champion ABL Champion OM HOF

I so agree.

CypherAlumni

Vincent | Sammy | Vallus | Dose Blotter | Onceawhile | Virbius | Bag Mandela | Celph Taut