User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Showing results 16 to 30 of 65

Thread: Cubase le 4 help! OPEY PLZ ENTER asap!

. Foolin' Forensics .
    Battle Record
    8-4

Re: Cubase le 4 help! OPEY PLZ ENTER asap!

iight opey, i got another question.

i bought the y cable today, im playing the music like you said and everything, but heres the thing.

everything is working amp,music,mic etc, but the mic is not being recognized in cubase, i mean when i play the track in cubase i can hear my voice while its going through the mic into my hd phones, just not through the program, you know why?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

Make sure you're selecting the mic as your input for the track. Make sure you're record enabling the track. Also, cubase has direct monitoring support. A lot of interfaces have the ability to copy the input signals directly to the outputs so you can monitor your recording with no latency. This is probably the case for you. You can actually disable direct monitoring in one of the drop down menus if you want. The benefit of turning it off is that you can monitor your input with fx and mixing already in place. I usually don't bother, but there are a lot of cases where it's necessary.

I suggest you try recording to see if it's capturing the take without hearing it.

. Foolin' Forensics .
    Battle Record
    8-4

i dont see where any monitering thing is, but ima mess around with it for abit, read the 189324783857832 manuals for it again, then ill come back and let you know whats what.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

Are you clicking the little speaker icon on the track? That allows you to monitor the signal.

Also, just search the help file for "Direct Monitoring" and it should point you right to where the setting is. I'd definitely turn it off as long as your interface and computer can handle the low latency.

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

Here's a screen shot. It's in Device Setup.

. Foolin' Forensics .
    Battle Record
    8-4

oh ok, i know what you mean, ok i got that now should i clcik it or now? and also i go to the device page qhich you got^ and i go to add device, whihc i have to add my mic, i think thats why it aint working LMFAO but theres not a mic option just midis.

. Foolin' Forensics .
    Battle Record
    8-4

and no the speaker i am not clicking, because theres different templates with cubase, so theres 1 for just recording then mixing...mastering etc.

Battle Record
    7-1

Quote Originally Posted by .Bullet. View Post
    LMAO hold on bro, ok im looking at the back of it rite infront of me as we speak, it has at the top " line in- 1 and 2" underneath that "insert- 1 and 2" insert 1 is for mic 1 and insert 2 is for mic 2. then at the bottom i got " line out- 1 and 2" but these dont fit my hd phones, but i got a connector that will make it fit, so insert 1 for mic 1 i would put them in at the back?
    you can look at the back of your computer and type at the same time?

. Foolin' Forensics .
    Battle Record
    8-4

no, i was looking at the back of my pre.

Battle Record
    7-1

talent...nice.

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

The devices are just midi devices. If you hear music then your interface is already set up. Read the manual on how to setup your ins and outs. Can't remember what the window is called off the top. I know it's in the setup drop down menu. It's really easy. Most of the time cubase automatically sets up all the ins and outs. I'd think that you would notice that there's no mic input listed on the input drop down menu for the track you're trying to record on. If the inputs are listed then it's all set up. Make sure it's on the correct input.

I don't get what you're saying about templates. You should be in the edit window. The speaker icon is right next to the record icon on every track. You have to hit both those buttons on the track you're recording on.

. Foolin' Forensics .
    Battle Record
    8-4

Quote Originally Posted by Opie M. View Post
    The devices are just midi devices. If you hear music then your interface is already set up. Read the manual on how to setup your ins and outs. Can't remember what the window is called off the top. I know it's in the setup drop down menu. It's really easy. Most of the time cubase automatically sets up all the ins and outs. I'd think that you would notice that there's no mic input listed on the input drop down menu for the track you're trying to record on. If the inputs are listed then it's all set up. Make sure it's on the correct input.

I don't get what you're saying about templates. You should be in the edit window. The speaker icon is right next to the record icon on every track. You have to hit both those buttons on the track you're recording on.
    ^^ hit the speaker icon and arm for only vocals rite, because arming the instro doesnt playback, all the in/outs are only lambda my pre, no mic there wtf?

and the templates, its like rite when you first open cubase and select "new project" it gives you different porject options. lol

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

Why would you record arm the beat?? lol

that means you're trying to record on that track. You record arm the track you're trying to record on. And the speaker icon is input monitoring. You want to monitor the input on the track you're trying to record to.

Obviously the input isn't going to be labeled "mic" lol it doesn't know you have a mic plugged in there lol. There should be an input in the menu for every input on the interface. Same with outputs.

. Foolin' Forensics .
    Battle Record
    8-4

nah, i was just being 100% percent sure, your the wiz, minus well ask stupid questions to you lol, but im on the device setup page ok, and i click the vst connections and its says for intput under bus name' stereo in-speakers-=stereo-audio device= not connected, then the device ports it says are not connected".

then for outputs it says under bus name"stereo out-speakers= stereo-audio device= lambda ASIO-device port= out L and out R"

i dont know what do opey im so mother fucking pissed rite now!

. Foolin' Forensics .
    Battle Record
    8-4

also, i just updated all the drivers for the lambda.