User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 15 of 23

Thread: Blue blueberry condesor vs rode nt2

Battle Record
    7-6

Blue blueberry condesor vs rode nt2

I can get either for the same price. Just got protools with an mbox 2 mini and I'm looking to upgrade from my mxl 990 which is not cutting the mustard anymore. What would you guys suggest?
    Follow at
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Music --->>>>
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    5-3

Re: Blue blueberry condesor vs rode nt2

blue bird or blue berry?

cuz if you can get a blue berry at NT2 prices... lemme know who your buyin from and I'll get one too.
    Welcome to reality.

Battle Record
    7-6

Follow at

Music --->>>>

Battle Record
    5-3

havent heard the blue bird, but i do know that all rode mics have a raised shelf in the high end... if you record on one, you need to not EQ anything in the hi range of the vocal, cuz its already gonna be high.
    Welcome to reality.

Battle Record
    7-6

ok thanks man! I appreciate that. I've never recorded on either. I know I have a higher voice then most men .
    Follow at

Music --->>>>

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

I'd go with the Rode. That BLUE mic is ok. BLUE makes great high end mics, but their low end mics are nothing special. They do have unique sounds to them tho.

Touch My Beard Extinctor Draconis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Cain View Post
    havent heard the blue bird, but i do know that all rode mics have a raised shelf in the high end... if you record on one, you need to not EQ anything in the hi range of the vocal, cuz its already gonna be high.
    i think nt2 has a big bump at like 10 kHz i sure hope his voice doesn't go that high lmao
    De Kapitein

Battle Record
    7-6

The rode mic i'm looking at isn't sold with it's own power supply and from what I hear they have a weird connector. I hear they have a 7 pronged xlr output. Does anybody know where I could get an adapter so I could plug it into the m-box?
    Follow at

Music --->>>>

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

you want the power supply.

you could probably solder an adapter. Don't know where to buy one tho. Google.

Battle Record
    7-6

I researched a little more and learned that the rode has a male 3 pronged xlr output. Could I just run a standard xlr from the mic into my studio projects vtb1 pre-amp and send that mic output xlr to my MBox? It looks like all it needs is the 48v phantom power which my vtb1 is.
    Follow at

Music --->>>>

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

Yea, the NT2 doesn't have it's own power supply. I didn't even notice what mic you were referring to. The NT2 is just the NT1 with multiple polar patterns, roll off, and pad. It'll come in handy if you plan on micing different instruments, but if this will always be just a vocal mic, then it's not really necessary. I have a need for multiple polar patterns and pads because I mic all kinds of sources, but back when I only recorded vocals, my NT1a was just fine. That's your call. If you have any feeling that you might be recording other sources even later on then I'd pay for the NT2 tho.

As for the connection, it's standard. You can do exactly what you're trying to do.

Battle Record
    7-6

Thanks Opey. I got the rode nt1a, mbox and my protools 8 set up for $350. Thanks!
    Follow at

Music --->>>>

+1 on the NT1a..

I have a few mics and hands down (for my voice) the NT1a is amazing. I barely have to mix my vocals at all any more. Minor EQ adjustments to get it in the 'pocket', but nothign major anymore.

(You should all check this out)

i love love my rode nt1a. however last year i bought a SE Z5600a, but my friend's air conditioner leaked one time and the water hit its power supply and now iz don't work no mo
    microbandits.com - new track up daily

made by a good friend o' mine

Mhmm.

the blueberry vs the NT2 tho? which is a better choice if u had to choose?