Showing results 46 to 60 of 75

Thread: 50 Cent Dissin' Kanye West Album: The Whole Thing

shhhh. i got warrants.
    Battle Record
    9-11
    Awards LLL HOF

Re: 50 Cent Dissin' Kanye West Album: The Whole Th

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar Augustus View Post
    WTF How I redirecting I said they are part of the HIP HOP culture, I never said they were Rappers and that's where I guess we differ there is a difference to me.
    all im saying is how are they part of the hip hop culture? are you aware that there are 5 elements to hip hop?(dont answer that cuz im sure you just googled it). rapping, dj'ing, breakdancing, beatboxing, graffiti art.

now out of the 5, where does singing fit in?

i almost wanna say they're considerd hip hop because they're audience is generally urban. which is wrong. doesnt make you hip hop.
    blackeloheimannunakirap

Quote Originally Posted by JO! View Post
    don't turn this into one of those intense rap/hip hop definitions threads, shit is annoying. i just wana know what others consider hip hop in that new sounds kanye's coming out with
    MondoThug

shhhh. i got warrants.
    Battle Record
    9-11
    Awards LLL HOF

kanye's new sound is "new age soul emo rap".
    blackeloheimannunakirap

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny the G View Post
    kanye's new sound is "new age soul emo rap".
    lol no seriously, i believe it doesn't belong to a particular genre atm, which i can totally respect and admire, i just don't see how it's hip hop at all.
    MondoThug

Battle Record
    37-19
    Awards 25+ Wins

all im saying is how are they part of the hip hop culture? are you aware that there are 5 elements to hip hop?(dont answer that cuz im sure you just googled it). rapping, dj'ing, breakdancing, beatboxing, graffiti art.

now out of the 5, where does singing fit in?

i almost wanna say they're considerd hip hop because they're audience is generally urban. which is wrong. doesnt make you hip hop.
    So I guess we can say the constution is the basic Elements of the USA, good thing no one added to that but I'm not going to argue Kanye isn't dropping a covential CD for a Hip hop artist thats for sure, if it will be hip hop remains to be seen but jjust because its not in the form you expect doesn't make it a NON hip hop CD. but I'm not going to go back and forth with you guys there is no point.
    Why didn't y'all delete my ugly ass sig while I was gone?
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

So I guess we can say the constution is the basic Elements of the USA, good thing no one added to that but I'm not going to argue Kanye isn't dropping a covential CD for a Hip hop artist thats for sure, if it will be hip hop remains to be seen but jjust because its not in the form you expect doesn't make it a NON hip hop CD. but I'm not going to go back and forth with you guys there is no point.
    you post here just to argue with some empty ass statements. PLZ stop.
    MondoThug

Battle Record
    37-19
    Awards 25+ Wins

you post here just to argue with some empty ass statements. PLZ stop.
    WTF didn't I just say there was No point I think that would mean I'm walking away, obviously Our opinions are just different, what did you just feel the need to try and get the last word in?
    Why didn't y'all delete my ugly ass sig while I was gone?
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

shhhh. i got warrants.
    Battle Record
    9-11
    Awards LLL HOF

well the constitution is the basic elements of the usa, no matter what was amendment.

but truce accepted. we can agree to disagree.
    blackeloheimannunakirap

WTF didn't I just say there was No point I think that would mean I'm walking away, obviously Our opinions are just different, what did you just feel the need to try and get the last word in?
    you bullshitted your way to making your point. you ARE just walking away now. i'd rather a decent reply without some made up claims anyway doggy.
    MondoThug

Close To The Wrath Of God Brother Blue Collar's Avatar
    Battle Record
    8-9

hold up since when is mjb not considered hip hop????

anyway it's obvious you don't have to rap to be considered hip hop.

also i think alot rnb cats are considered hip hop, cuz alot of what they are doing is just rapping in some sing songy tone. trey songz rapped on last album, mjb been rapping since like her last 2 albums back maybe further, since she got her alter ego brook lynn.

rap is a mixture of many genres, the only difference between alot of the genres we incorporate is how we deliver it.

also lauren hill was rapping in the fugees therefore if anything she's a rapper and a neo soul rnb artist.

i'm not arguing what kanye is doing with this album is hip hop.

i'm not sure even if what he's doing can be classified as hip hop.
    I believe i'm making some good music, please just wait for me

[sc]https://soundcloud.com/hood-society/what-you-fear-featuring-a-cas[/sc]

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

wth??

since rap IS one of the elements of hip hop, it might help. you can "push the envelope", "try something new", "go eclectic", and be "unconventional" or "unorthodox" all you want. but if you're not at least "rapping", its not hip hop. period.

sade, nirvana, and kenny chesney dont "rap". are they hip hop???

im not a 50 fan, i actually like ye more than 50, but that statement you made was stupid. sorry.
    You have to rap to be hip hop? wow. So if I'm rapping I'm hip hop... but as soon as I stop I'm no longer hip hop anymore? So my singer in my hip hop group isn't hip hop because she doesn't rap even tho she sings on rap songs? But if she decides to rap on a song then she's hip hop just for that verse then she's no longer hip hop?

Your definition of hip hop is weak. fuck the 5 basic elements. this isn't 1980. Hip hop culture has expanded across the world and a lot of things have been added to its elements. Hip hop has grown way deeper than the 5 elements that started the movement. If it didn't expand and grow then it WOULD be dead.
    Last edited by Opie M.; October 29th, 2008 at 03:16 AM

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

is it not those certain conventions that go together to make it hip hop? lol, if anything it's it's own genre man, i dunno why anyone would consider that hip hop, tell me what makes it hip hop for you, except the fact that ye is a predominantly hip hop producer, you haven't really given anything to support it being hip hop, what elements of that sound make it hip hop? it's too easy to just say "yeh our music isn't stereotypical hip hop music, but trust me... it's still hip hop" whut is??
    Hip hop is not a fuckin genre of music. that's your first problem.

And don't play the genre name game either. I have itunes too. some shit says hiphop/rap... some say rap & hip hop... Hip hop & r&b... hip hop/r&b... etc.

The hip hop label means jack shit. Hip Hop is NOT a genre of music. It's a cultural movement and a lifestyle. Everyone on this site is hip hop in some fashion just for being here.

First you say Hip Hop and R&B aren't the same because if they were radio stations wouldn't be labeled with both names. Yet you claim rap & hip hop are the same because music stores tag music both rap and hip hop. That makes a lot of sense. Hip Hop & R&B means that hip hop and R&B are 2 different things, but Hip Hop & Rap means that they're the same. Excellent logic.
    Last edited by Opie M.; October 29th, 2008 at 03:15 AM

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

and WTMF @ MJB not being hip hop. I justsaw that shit. You are total fucking idiots. MJB is WELL KNOWN as the QUEEN OF HIP HOP! This discussion is OVER. WOW!

Just google Mary J Blige and Hip Hop to see how many times the 2 names are synonymous with each other. You 2 really know jack shit about hip hop as a culture. That's a fuckin shame.
    Last edited by Opie M.; October 29th, 2008 at 03:23 AM

Close To The Wrath Of God Brother Blue Collar's Avatar
    Battle Record
    8-9

hmmmm.
    I believe i'm making some good music, please just wait for me

[sc]https://soundcloud.com/hood-society/what-you-fear-featuring-a-cas[/sc]

shhhh. i got warrants.
    Battle Record
    9-11
    Awards LLL HOF

im not even arguing with you. but dont come at me like you're the end all/be all of hip hop knowledge just because you mod a rap forum on the net, fuck outta my face with that shit. i've been a part of hip hop culture since i was old enough to understand what music was. something tells me you got a "late start", then maybe backtracked and did some research to gain your "hip-hop knowledge". and no, mary j is known as the queen of r&b, not hip hop. and no, the singer in your corny band isnt hip hop, she sings in a hip hop band. i agree with you, hip hop has expanded globally and is larger than its original 5 elements. but at its core, R&b is not hip hop, period.

im always one for a lively debate, but the moment you say i dont know "jack shit" about hip-hop, i get defensive. because i guarantee my hip-hop roots go deeper than yours.
    blackeloheimannunakirap