User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Input impedance...

Exclamation Input impedance...

ok, i as an electrician for a few moons, so i know what electrical impedance is, my question though, is how does this affect the mic signal entering the preamp?

i'm gong to upgrade to an ADL600 soon, and it has variable impredance on the mic inputs, so i was curious as to what difference it would actually make when i switch impedances..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(You should all check this out)

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

Re: Input impedance...

variable impedance is to match the actual impedance of the mic you're using. It's not very important at all.

and I wouldn't recommend that preamp. it IS a nice preamp. it sounds great. I used it on the DI bass in my new song I just posted. but the Focusrite Liquid Channel emulates all kinds of preamps and compressors. it has a built in EQ as well and the ability to save your settings on your computer. you can get them used for about $1400. I was trying to get $1600 for mine but couldn't because people are selling them so cheap.

word.

noted.

how's the Liquid Mix? i took the test at the site, knew which was the real thing 70% of the time, and i can't remember if the second percentage was how much i prefered the real thing or the emulation, but i got 30%...i think it was how much i perfered the emulation.

(You should all check this out)

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

yea i got the same results when I took it. it's a really nice unit. It works great, but you MUST have a separate firewire card just for it. It can't share with anything else because it uses too much of the bus speed on its own. That's why I couldn't use it on the last song I did.

what you have to understand about the emulation test is that the real thing and the liquid mix were shown with the exact same settings, so it was showing you how close the settings are to being the same. the emulation sounds like the original... just not with the same exact settings.