User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Showing results 16 to 30 of 63

Thread: $250 budget.

Battle Record
    3-2

Re: $250 budget.

you should be able to pick up a Solo for $125 or less on eBay... that would be just fine for an interface for a while, until you need more ins/outs or decide you want better quality sound... those will sound good, but of course entry level preamps are entry level preamps...

my shit is strictly entry level, and I'm a novice mixer, but you can listen to some of my tracks on my profile page for a sample of my quality...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    41-13
    Awards Cypher Winner - Award Request Accepted LLL HOF OM HOF SS HW Champion LLL Champion 1-2 Season Champion 1-2 Punch HW Champion FL Champion 100+ Wins ABL Champion

I'm just looking for something in the interim to gauge my interest again...

If it turns out I'm actually going to do a decent amount of music... I'll go back into an mbox... well an mbox2 now...
    AI

Battle Record
    1-1

bartender u shud really go with the Audio Technica AT2020.. its amazing for the price... im getting it and i know a whole other bunch of artists that use it.. clear crisp and sexi.. go buy it..

Banned
    Battle Record
    35-10

I already have a 2020 but its soundin a lil gay cuz i'm using audacity? Any advice T?

Battle Record
    3-2

Quote Originally Posted by Bartender View Post
    I'm just looking for something in the interim to gauge my interest again...

If it turns out I'm actually going to do a decent amount of music... I'll go back into an mbox... well an mbox2 now...
    Why MBox? Most M-Audio pres are better and they also work with Pro Tools and are wayyy cheaper

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    3-2

Quote Originally Posted by Big_T View Post
    bartender u shud really go with the Audio Technica AT2020.. its amazing for the price... im getting it and i know a whole other bunch of artists that use it.. clear crisp and sexi.. go buy it..
    Its terrible compared to the mic I told him to get. He wouldnt appreciate a $100 mic atall after using a Rode

Battle Record
    41-13
    Awards Cypher Winner - Award Request Accepted LLL HOF OM HOF SS HW Champion LLL Champion 1-2 Season Champion 1-2 Punch HW Champion FL Champion 100+ Wins ABL Champion

I'll likely go with the 2020 to start out again...

but the NT1A was perfect for my voice...
    AI

Battle Record
    3-2

Then get the NT1A. The 2020 is whack... It takes me shitload of time to mix a vocal when someone records with it *cough Brandon Cee*. Ive mixed vocals with the Rode and its a whole lot easier, crips and clear. And less noisy

Battle Record
    41-13

Quote Originally Posted by Paze View Post
    Then get the NT1A. The 2020 is whack... It takes me shitload of time to mix a vocal when someone records with it *cough Brandon Cee*. Ive mixed vocals with the Rode and its a whole lot easier, crips and clear. And less noisy
    Yeah... you're probably right...

We'll see how cheap I get the interface first...
    AI

Battle Record
    3-2

but Paze, you kinda missin' the point yo... he's only wantin' to spend a little bit of cash, to decide if he's even interested anymore... he had decent gear before and got rid of it... he just wants to know what gear is decent enough for $250... he can upgrade later if he enjoys it enough to continue...

Battle Record
    41-13

Quote Originally Posted by Big Keeb View Post
    but Paze, you kinda missin' the point yo... he's only wantin' to spend a little bit of cash, to decide if he's even interested anymore... he had decent gear before and got rid of it... he just wants to know what gear is decent enough for $250... he can upgrade later if he enjoys it enough to continue...
    well if I get that interface for $100-$120, I could possibly catch an NT1A for the same price range...

That would still put me at $250
    AI

Battle Record
    3-2

slim chance on the Rode for that low... but you could get lucky... that mic, and the Solo would be good for a while...

what program you lookin' to use???

Battle Record
    3-2

The AT mic sounds a lot like the Samson USB mic which is only $100 and requires no interface. Thats why you shouldnt get it... its that whack

Battle Record
    41-13

Quote Originally Posted by Big Keeb View Post
    slim chance on the Rode for that low... but you could get lucky... that mic, and the Solo would be good for a while...

what program you lookin' to use???
    Not sure yet...

I was used to protools.
    AI

Battle Record
    5-3

if a AT mic ever sounds like a Samson USB mic.... it's a preamp problem. Seriously. No AT mic is THAT BAD... lol.

The r0de mics are nice, but you REALLY gotta watch out how you mix your vocals on them, cuz they have a significant high end boost naturally.

and chrit, you should try Cubase SX3... its alot more user friendly than Pro Tools is, and it'll get the job done for you.
    Welcome to reality.