User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 15 of 40

Thread: Kris Cain Vs Kannon Cd Battle!!!!!!!!!

Mr.Wilson
    Battle Record
    1-0

Kris Cain Vs Kannon Cd Battle!!!!!!!!!

iight kris u my nigga so this will definitely be fun......

the first person to ten votes wins

votes must be broken down in these catagories

lyrics
    swag(flow delivery etc...)
    marketability
    production
    overall emcee'n

every vote must be explained or broken down to have the vote be counted

best of luck my nigga cain

KRIS CAIN'S ALBUM
    http://www.datpiff.com/Kris-Cain-Kri...-mid13465.html

KANNON'S ALBUM
    http://www.soundclick.com/store/digi...&albumID=24608
    IJL

[YOUTUBE]-3X3oVjOlpU[/YOUTUBE]

home
    Battle Record
    61-19

Re: Kris Cain Vs Kannon Cd Battle!!!!!!!!!

what equipment did you guys use to record the album

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    (new track daily)

Soule

very close, but I give it to Kris.

Soule

lyrics/ KRIS. No lie, both do really well with their lyrics, just feel Kris has a little more consistency and flare with his.

swag/ Kannon, not dissing KRIS or anything becuase his flow is beastly... but Kannon came ill with it on this album.

marketability/ Goes either way really, like Hosea said.. they'd both sell to a lot of people. I'd buy both albums.

production/ Kris, not too close.. but kris took it in this catagory.

overall emcee'n/ After examining both albums, I give it to KC. Dope battle.

Battle Record
    5-3

"i run this block", and "nothin realer"....both still some of my favorite tracks posted on RB... the feel of those joints is CRAZY.
    Welcome to reality.

dont count icebergs vote he knows nothing about hip hop he just reworded Hoseas vote

Battle Record
    5-3

Quote Originally Posted by Kaution. View Post
    dont count icebergs vote he knows nothing about hip hop he just reworded Hoseas vote
    its not that serious tho
    its not a "official" battle
    its for fun
    Welcome to reality.

Battle Record
    8-2

Arrow Re: Kris Cain Vs Kannon Cd Battle!!!!!!!!!

for what its worth - the votes as honest as it gets..

Intro:

First off, I'm biased - like any other fan of music, there is music I like, and music I dont like. Just like either one of you, I'll listen fully to anything that grasps my attention - because it's what I want to hear; everything else gets a hot second - then skipped. It's by no offense that I do this, it's by choice..what I deem worthy of my time - which is respectively deserved.

That being said..

Lyrics:

Bad Guy Music:

This is prolly one of the more lyrically focused albums I've heard as of late. Kris Cain's struggle and dissonance in the world around him is recognized at a complex level, but also easily visualized when coupled with the album's concept. Not a single track on this album sways from the idea that Kris promotes from the second you read, and comprehend the title. A few rhyme schemes cause the need for certain word combinations to be repeated so one can feel the effect of thier meaning, but this minor fault never derails the entity. The album continues to move fluently along with it's concept, that can almost be viewed as the audio chronicles of a "bad guy." The picture painted is very vivid, with the emphasis on deeper meaning, rather than construction by use of standardized template. If by lyrical, its intended that I judge the word usage, then nothing less than complete can be used to describe it. Everything is tight and polished. What was to be said on this album has undoubtedly been expressed exactly how it was meant to be.
    8.5 outta 10

The Wake Up:

Lyrically, this album was all over the place. The content of some tracks were very predictable, and the content of others were simply amazing. One thing that stuck out was the inconcistant focus. It was like listening to an underground album with commercial tracks being thrown in every 2-3 tracks. Whether this effect was used to remind both sides that either can be properly satisfied or not, this album was just too back and forth for me to immerse myself in. Not that this is bad, because Kannon has everything in place when its comes to being a mastered artist. I just felt like I was being pulled from my element when the album moved from "dope sequence" to "standard radio cut" every few tracks. When I picture an album - I picture a moment in life, a sequence of events, or a chance to take a trip through someone elses world - because this album was so sporadic with its content, I was never able to achieve that feeling.
    8 outta 10

Swag:

Kris Cain:

To me, "swag" is the slang term for "character." On Bad Guy Music, Kris introduces a character in a movie like fashion where one can witness its development as highly significant to the plot. The title of this album immediately sets the tone for what you're about to hear and the character playing the main role is a master of his craft. The emotion and passion involved can be felt as real as it was intended to be; without ever questioning if its real or not.
    9 outta 10

Kannon:

Kannon promotes his swag in a much different way. He uses the emphasis of words, confidence and comfort in the flow rather than complete subject matter to pull you in. Swag emphasizes belief..it gives something possible to believe that extra push towards something thats undeniably believed. What gets me here, is that some tracks seem overly swagged. Not that Kannon over does it in the swag department, but the subjects of these tracks have been swagged all over by a lot of rappers in the industry. Though Kannon has a polished swagger, other rappers have also shown thier swagger as good as - if not better than Kannon - on similar subjects.
    8 outta 10

Flow, Delivery, Etc:

Kris Cain:

I'll vote on this subject differently from swag since I feel like it should be explained seperately. These elements further complete a character, rather than what actually makes the character. Kris Cain seems to stick with the same vocal formula throughout his album, with slight changes during points of emphasis. On a few cuts he uses completely different word formats, but still remains true to the delivery thats prevelent through the entire album. I'm not one to always look for a rappers style to be different in every track - just for the rapper to stay concistent enough to thier character. Kris Cain accomplishes that without doubt.
    8 outta 10

Kannon:

A lot of Kannons flows were extremely dope! He had some very sick word combinations and rhyme schemes. Some tracks seemed as if they were almost made to get that point across alone. That said, Stroke You Down seemed like the wrench thrown into those fluent gears. It could be me, but I just felt like the flow was off a lot on that track. Otherwise, this album contained some of the dopest word combinations I've heard as of late.
    8.5 outta 10

Marketability:

I'm not going to break this one down, because I honestly know nothing about what is marketable and what isnt. Whether an album is marketable or not matters nothing to me. I'm looking to listen to great music no matter what level of marketing its on. I know what I like - and thats what I buy. Regarding this album battle - I would honestly buy both, but if I only had $10 bucks to make this decision - it would get spent on Kris Cain's album.

Overall Emceein':

When it came to purely rockin' the mic, Kannon delivered the best presence. I could see Kannon having heads jumpin' off the walls at the underground venue. Kris Cain was just on another level. Where an emcee can simply get on stage and rock the mic, Kris Cain seemed to put on a Hip Hop broadway musical. I have no idea if I could stand in the spot for an hour and watch Kris Cain perform this album live if he just spit rhymes and moved around the stage. It just wouldnt make sense without some kind of movie set to accompany it. I feel like I'd be crazy amped in the crowd if I saw Kannon live at the underground venue - and dead in a grip of silent suspense watching Kris Cain perform his musical. And lemme tell you, I been to a hell of a lot of shows at the local underground venue, but I've never seen a live Hip Hop broadway musical.

Overall Emceein' = Overall Performance IMO. My tickets are for Kris Cain's show.

Breakdown:

Both were dope listens..I enjoyed both very much. Kannon's tracks like: Nothin' Realer, The Setup and Reflections were nothing short of amazing. Kris Cain on the other hand provided the best track out of both albums - which is Leave This Planet. No track on either album was as good as this track. I think Kris would still have a great album if Leave This Planet wasnt on it, but because its there, it further adds meaning and emphasis to the other tracks around it. Kannon had some stand out tracks, but I didnt feel like any of them really brought his album together; where Bad Guy Music remained cohesive to its subject - plus contained the incredible track that solidifies its nature.

I didnt think quality was a big issue for either emcee. Both remained concistant throughout. I would say its about equal here.

The rating system:
    Bad Guy Music - 25.5
    The Wake Up - 24.5

Again both albums were dope, but my vote goes to Bad Guy Music for having the more complete focus.

V/Bad Guy Music

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Banned
    Battle Record
    3-2

Lyrics: I dunno
    Swag: Definately Kannon
    Marketablity: Kanno seems like he would be more mainstream popular,
    Kris Kain seems more like a producer/mastermind type of guy to me.
    Production: Kris Kain

Overall: Different

Battle Record
    1-0

ohh shiit
    this is crazy man

Lyrics: Man kris cain came hard on every single one of his songs. Out of the whole album/mixtape, I only skipped one. Like 10fold said, this dude painted the pictures vividly and the way the cd was set was excellent.

This cd is always gettin bumped in my crib dude. For every diffrent mood a person may be feeling, you got a song that will feed the soul. For every diffrent topic the lyrics suited the beat and concept of the song perfectly.

This would have to be a tie for me and they both get a 10 for this

Swag: kris cains flow is so sick and well developed. His delivery was good but not that spectacular.

Kannons swagger is ridiculous. Even simple shiit sounded sick when he would deliver. Both of yall flows are sick but kannon wins this category in my opinion due to the fact that I was feeling his delivery a little more.

Marketablity: im guessing this means what would get more play? Personally, I think kannon because of his versatility... but then again I know Kris Cain is really versatile too and can deliver a radio banger. But this was a CD battle and If I only had enough money to buy one copy... i would buy Kannons.

(Mood Music compared to Kris Cains visual CD)

(did not copy 10fold i swear cuz i just read what he said right now to see other peoples opinions...)

Production: These were both well produced. I have to be really blunt on this one. Kris Cains production was better to me. I was feeling it alot more.

Over Emceein: aww shit this is hard to say man. You both delivered really nice. I liked what 10fold said as a performer but damn. I would love see both of you guys rock the Mic. Kannons presence was strongly felt but Kris had that calmness to him.

OVERALL
    THis was super hard to vote on. Both of those cds are something I would listen to repeatedly.
    Great Battle

V/ Kannon (Non Biased Vote cuz Kris Cain is a beast... I want to hear a real battle though lol)

I see you lookin.. stupid Brandon Heat's Avatar
    Awards 25+ Wins

you both know... I have both albums already... church.

lyrics - Kris... a little more maturity here...
    swag(flow delivery etc...) - Kannon... Kris was a little more straight forward everywhere... not bad... you know how I feel about it.
    marketability - Kannon... that's just honesty. Kris has singles... Kannon has singles... Kris has Lupe Fiasco singles... Kannon has Lil Wayne singles... get it?
    production - Kris...
    overall emcee'n - Kris... just for the direction of the album... Kannon a lil all over the place... still both better than mine...

vote: Kris...

next week... Brandon Heat vs Opey vs Hosea.
    AlieNation
    ..GrindHouse..

we see you Cock-A-Roaches looking...

Coming Soon

Battle Record
    7-1

so when's the collab coming between you two bitches?...

Battle Record
    3-2

Ive got both of your tracks on the top 25 on my ipod... for real - in my top 50 songs theres 2 from both of you.

doesnotexist

Quote Originally Posted by Hosea View Post
    both of you are dope, just because i pick one over another doesn't mean i don't like the other.

lyrics -
    Kris
    i think Kris keeps it on a higher level more consistently. not to say Kannon doesn't have dope lyrics, cause both of you do, i just think Kris keeps it up more.

swag(flow delivery etc...)
    Kannon, Kannon is monstrous in this department. he could rap some k-fed lyrics and make them sound dope lol. says alot cause i love kris's

marketability
    Impossible to answer, everything is marketable. just depends who you market it to, and both of you are good enough to reach alot of people. tie i guess.

production - Kris easy kris for me, he is one of my favorite producers out right now, period...made his own beats, plus the way he builds up his tracks is dope, always sounds real pro.

overall emcee'n i give the edge to kris but it is very close, his content gives him the edge for me, both of you are diverse but he is more what my little spanish ears like.

i think kris's CD seemed alot more coherent to me too, maybe cause its all his production but it came together nice.

vote-kris
    I'm gonna agree with this..but also add....overall as an artist...and as an mc...kris is more versityle...kannon is a beast and always a beast....but kris seems like he can do anything lol rap in any tone any voice any style....and he's proven that

so yea win for kris but thats NOT EVEN REMOTLY CLOSE to meaning kannon isnt a monsta

kris just has his own shit he does it all himself and his own unique sound is way more developed then most of us who just take beats other people make or don't have his production brain

he's just agreat ARTIST

Banned
    Battle Record
    1-5

everyone is voting for kris cain because he is god of rapbattles and the greatest ever on this site, I vote Kannon they were both gud tho