User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Deniro + Pacino in new movie! ...& 50 Cent

Battle Record
    12-18

Deniro + Pacino in new movie! ...& 50 Cent

It was either put this in hip hop news or here, wasn't sure which

What do you all think of the new movie commin soon called Righteous Kill starring Pacino and Deniro both as cops and the main bad guy/gangster in it... 50 cent... how do you think 50 will pan out in this?

Reports that rapper Curtis Jackson assaulted a co-star on the set of his new film "Righteous Kill" are untrue, he told MTV News — and for proof all anybody needs to do is check out his bottom line.

Look, he didn't rename himself 50 Cent for nothing.

"You know how much that would cost?" he joked, dismissing reports that he came to blows with actor Frank John Hughes after being called out for not knowing his lines. "It was actually a fight scene in the film — so expand it, get a little bit of controversy going so people [will be] be interested."

It's an unusually self-aware answer for a controversial figure some may view as a loose cannon. But it's precisely that hyper-awareness of his own public persona that helps him fit in so well on the set of "Righteous Kill," he said. Consider that among the cast, co-stars Al Pacino and Robert De Niro have won three Oscars, while 50 has been in three movies. Ever.

But if his august co-stars had any initial bias toward his acting abilities, they don't anymore, he grinned.

"I think they got a perception of hip-hop artists based on the things in the past — previous artists, they came through and had a different attitude. I'm not sure if those artists even had the opportunity to meet Al Pacino and Robert De Niro, but just [from] being on movie sets [they influence perception]," 50 said. "After interacting with me, they see something different."

50 plays Spider, a nightclub owner who finds himself tangled up in the chase between two old detectives (De Niro and Pacino) and a serial killer who leaves poems about his crimes near his victims. And he has great scenes with both, Fif teased.

"I've worked with them," he enthused. "It's exciting. The whole thing is a great experience."

But, more importantly perhaps, it's been a learning experience as well. How could it not be with two acting legends hanging around on set?

"It was definitely cool just being around them, away from actually performing on camera," 50 gushed. "De Niro, I've been to his house, met his wife. We've been to the firing range a couple times together."

And Pacino? Turns out even the most self-aware of people can learn something about how to interact with their own image.

"For me, I just wanted to make sure that I was 100 percent comfortable with the actual scene — I'd look at myself," 50 said of his acting process. "[But] he won't look at himself after he does the scenes, Al Pacino won't. He's like, 'I know how I look.' "

For news on how 50 looks, though, you'll have to wait until the movie hits theaters next year, he said, a coy smile on his face.

"I feel good about my performance," he said. "I want everybody to go see it and be excited."

"I'm not even sure they know yet," 50 Cent told The New York Daily News. "Me and Robert were supposed to shoot a film where I played a police officer, but now Al and Robert play the cops."

Righteous Kill, which is written by Russell Gewirtz and shot by Emmy-nominated director Jon Avnet, is due in theaters in 2008

http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/artic...25/story.jhtml

You've Earned a Custom Title!

Re: Deniro + Pacino in new movie! ...& 50 Cent

Face it, its mathematics, basics far from fake shit
    My mind is sacred, my skin shine like a Cuban bracelet
    Egyptian Pharaoh, potent ganja use to get me paro/paranoid
    Now I inhale from gun shots, through my double barrel

doesnotexist

Been waiting for this. It's only like the 2nd time these guys will e on camera together in a movie. First was Heat.

Battle Record
    21-19

whens it out?

Battle Record
    12-18

Early-ish '08 I'm guessing.

The question I'm tryin to ask tho is, do you think 50 Cent will compromise the movie in being as good as it could be? Because Pacino and Deniro are 2 really good actors, especially for theese types of movies, do you think 50 can pull off a good bad guy... even if it isn't a huge part.

Battle Record
    21-19

yeh defo, i put money on it now, this film is one of the best films of 08