You've Earned a Custom Title! Icarus's Avatar
    Battle Record
    2-1

Re: Voting - Suggestions/Discuss

lol @ 1way bein drunk before 7 o clock.

Battle Record
    4-3

what are you saying...........went to the tavern after work, my boss is rich and like to make people drink as much as him, he's an alcohalic............haha, no lies though he rreally is
    Made In Canada

Battle Record
    8-7

Aight, this got off to a decent start, I've responded to most of yall posts, some I did not respond to, because an answer should be down there, somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Blitz
    1)I mean, honestly, not to say lyrics dont speak for themselves...but it looks strange (IAM NOT NAMING PPL) when a person who battled you previously comes n' votes for the other guy, i dont d/r cuz thats bitch; i vote on best lyrics...i understand ppl pm and ask for favors n' shit, but the bottom line is...if you dont like someone...dont go to their battle n' vote against em' like thats just plain gay...2)the only suggestion i can make is that since your the neutral party D...pick three battles YOU will personally vote on...thats all...becuz your right, theres no way to end who will d/r who...
    1) Difficult area to examine, I can admit right now I've let in alot of inexperience kids who not only have trouble forming punches, but also have trouble understanding complex punches....last thing I want decent battlers to do is dumbdown their punches by adding quotions or explanations.

I'll consider adding a 1 week Truce where whoever you battled last week can not cast a vote in your battle this week. I'm kinda tired of adding new rules though, but if it benefits the League then I'll implement it.

2)I'll say this now, I will not vote in any LLL Jr battles even when it comes to LLL Champ matches. I appreciate everyone asking me to vote in their battles, but this my reason, why. I want to have little or no influence in battles as possible, yes, I am mod & it seems I have most of yall trust & yall see me as an unbiased kinda guy, but that can quickly fade if I voted for someone who a group of peeps strongly felt didn't win.

This is yall guys League, so yall willl decide the outcomes. I'm only here to keep people in line & ensure everyone gets a fair battle.

Quote Originally Posted by B.Nesse
    3) instead of being lazy and putting "meh", "nah", "wack" under lines while you voting, explain why its meh, or wack...cuz i admit i do that shit too, but its out of laziness and i know that's not helpin the person who's verse it is get an understandin of why a particular line is blah

4) as far as the d/r shit, nobody has come to me on some d/r shit but i know a few ppl are cool with eachother and may do it, but as far as that goes...wtf can we do? nothin

so blah
    3) Yeah, this happens in every League & I can see it from alot of yall position, because;

- Time
    - Quality of Verse or Punches/Concepts/Wordplay
    - Mood e.g. lazy, enthusiastic

Play a huge role when you vote, and often dictates the feedback you give to battlers. This are factors I don't have control over, so it's basically a voters decision of how they will vote in certain battles.

Though, I'm considering banning one word explanations in verse breakdowns and extending the min. line explaination for ya vote from 3 to 5 lines.

4) Yes, there is nothing I can do but watch & wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Heychoo.
    i dont do this really in LLL, there's no reason. but if yall want fair detailed votes tha dont take forever:

Battler A's Quotables
    -
    -
    -
    -
    4-8 Line summary of what they liked, what to improve on, what not.

Battle B's Quotables
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    4-8 Line summary of what they liked, what to improve on, what not.

2-4 Summary of why they've voting for who including vote.
    I like this, looking to use this as a voting template.

Quote Originally Posted by ~MVL~
    5) Its all lazyness, most people dont want to take the time to go through and vote, thats why everyone just messes around and gives crappy votes, if you made like a rule maybe where..6) you had to have 2 votes by sat. night, and 3 more sund. that might help a tad bit, as for the DR, theres not much you can do..except watch for when people are voting when its obvious the person didnt win, and when they do it a few weeks in a row, 7) or if there was a PM thing where the moderators could watch the "Suspected DR" without them knowing that could work also, if the people are suspected have a few honest people watch the PMs if it were possible, idk just throwing some suggestions and thoughts out.
    5) Refer to my response to B.Nesse's post 3)

6) Not possible, thanks for the suggestion, but it limits access since people only have time to vote, when they have time.

7) Decent idea, I could be wrong in saying this, but I think there is a Privacy legislation that this board must adhere to, so prying into PMs of other users could have some legal ramification's. I'm only guessing here. Also if someone had the power to peep into ya PMs, sets up a whole level of distrust, a 'us'(mods/admin) and 'them'(abnormal folk) mentally.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphabetized
    I'd be 0-100 if it was based on Mariah.

Theres nothing you can do to improve voting, honestly.
    Best thing is the 5 required on every battle, that way
    most of all the battles get sufficient feed and therefore
    usually have the correct winner on top.

8) If people don't vote, they deserve to be booted unless
    they have a good reason why.

Vote or Die.
    8) Yes, I will carry out the bootage out on peeps who consistently don't vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Icarus
    9) D. Silver you can just pm the people who are doin it, or post their names in big letters, lol. Voting probation/banning or something.

Personally I aint noticed anything yet but I dont really read votes anyways. I noticed in the beginnin sneeky would always give like a 1/2 a sentence and vote, but to my knowledge he stopped doin that.

10) Also dont pm people asking them to vote on your battle or w/e cuz it is obvious you want them to vote for you even if you dont say it. I feel almost obliged to vote again people who ask me to vote in their battle
    9) This was something I wanted to do, Poor Voting/Dickriding stickie but I rather wait until I have what I believe is undeniable proof that they are dickriding then I'll automatically boot them without warning.

a) Warning someone you suspect of dickriding, basically gives them a chance to get themselves off the radar for a few weeks then they'll be back at it again. I will not give anyone a chance to correct themselves, vote properly and fairly or you're out.

b) I will always deal with peeps who I deem as poor voters (quoting other peeps votes into their posts or one line votes without quotations), otherwise this is a collaboration between yall and me, you can warn me of unfair or poor voting in your battle & I'll look into it as thorough as I can.

10) Refer to 9) b) - it's a collaboration, I can only help if you help, so if you inform me of incidents or people who have PMed for votes, let me know. And get the fuck outta yall heads that snitching is gay or yall on some gangsterism shit and you aint gon' dob ya peoples in, if yall want a better a League, make it a better League.

Quote Originally Posted by Rule.
    well..

11) what about stickying a thread with everyone's names on it in the league, and next to their name, list the people that they DONT want voting on their battles? cus if ya'll worried about d/r and so on, each person can eliminate who they dont like or think is doing it. (which may or may not be true).

Now, I'm not sayin for someone to list half the league and only allow their "friends" or ppl they think'll vote for em.. just maybe 1 or 2.. or 3.

bad idea? good? stfu? lol
    11) I'll think of a way of implementing this, I already have idea now, so this could be implemented next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Mariah.
    12) that rule is fuckin gay....you should take away 5 votes for no links...and if they have 2 links...take away 3 votes....fuck the Penalty Box
    12) Well, to be honest, it works. I'm trying to curb peeps from not voting, taking away votes does nothing unless the battle is close. I've seen peeps who won a battle by 4 votes and that's pretty a clear victor but they lose because they haven't posted 5 voting links. <That there is gay, a person who doesn't deserve a win, gets it.

If you win, but don't vote, I prefer to hold on to your win until you do your bit of voting in the League.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Continue, I'll respond to any new suggestions, later.

Battle Record
    4-3

well said big guy. Sounds cool.

#11 for that hate vote shit
    Choose the voters for each battle before hand, give them 5 links they have to vote on, if there is a tie you choose someone you trust will vote fairly. Even if some of the punks don't vote it would still work out just not as high of scores.
    Made In Canada

Battle Record
    15-0

Silver pwned us all
    Wu-Tang Forever
    Nothing Was The Same

Battle Record
    55-4

^lmao true.

DNT SPEAK.

Battle Record
    15-0

yeah I know...I am the troof...
    Wu-Tang Forever
    Nothing Was The Same

Battle Record
    55-4

D.Silver is the truth, you are the truth co-signer

DNT SPEAK.

Battle Record
    15-0

It doesn't matter, you "lmao true'd" me
    Wu-Tang Forever
    Nothing Was The Same

Battle Record
    55-4

because the truth pwn'd us, duh

DNT SPEAK.

Battle Record
    15-0

sure...whatever girl...you know you love me more
    Wu-Tang Forever
    Nothing Was The Same

Battle Record
    8-7

Quote Originally Posted by one way
    well said big guy. Sounds cool.

#11 for that hate vote shit
    Choose the voters for each battle before hand, give them 5 links they have to vote on, if there is a tie you choose someone you trust will vote fairly. Even if some of the punks don't vote it would still work out just not as high of scores.
    Choosing who should vote on what battle will only work on a small amount & important battles.

If I chose what battles everyone should vote on, then I'm basically throwing unwarranted confidence in;

a) Battlers showing up.
    b) Voters showing up.

& like I said earlier, I want to have as little influence in battles as possible, me doing this would be the complete opposite. As I will determine whether you win or lose, basically because I could give you a group of peeps that are d/ring each other without my knowledge.

Battle Record
    8-7

Lol@B.Nesse & Mariah.

Why can't boys be like yall after a tough text battle?

- Disappearin'.Silver

Battle Record
    15-0

Cause I love her...we're IJL sisters!
    Wu-Tang Forever
    Nothing Was The Same

Battle Record
    4-3

good points...........fuck em all, make the league smaller, keep the people who have some knowledge of writing, like you said, you let a lot of inexperianced kids in here, would make for a better show and encourage votes, shit would run smoother with less people.
    Made In Canada