User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 15 of 16

Thread: Mpd16 vs Trigger Finger vs. Mpd24

home
    Battle Record
    61-19

Mpd16 vs Trigger Finger vs. Mpd24

Question regarding midi/usb drum pads. You know these as the basic versions of mpc's.

The M-audio trigger finger is a lil' more expensive than the mpd16, so i'm guessing it provides a lot more than the mpd16. but looking at youtube videos of home producers using the akai mpd16, it does seem like a nice piece of equipment. The mpd24 looks like the best out of the bunch.

Which one would you recommend? Or would you recommend them at all?
    Last edited by Zed Peace; February 8th, 2007 at 08:17 PM

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    (new track daily)

Battle Record
    5-3

Re: Mpd16 vs Trigger Finger vs. Mpd24

i hear the trigger finger has the best feeling pads....
    which is what it comes down too.
    Welcome to reality.

You've Earned a Custom Title!

^^^ive heard it has a shitty velocity response....from mad people...they always say theres problems getting a medium velocity...its low if u just tap it, and if u tap it a lil harder, u get a high velocity response...also heard it runs down quick from normal use...seen a lotta people complainin about the pads not responding at times...

Korg PadKontrol is what i suggest....ive seen mad threads in various places of people comparing all the drumpads...its always a toss up between the PadKontrol, and the MPD 24....its basically gone like this:
    mpd 16>trigger finger>PadKontrol/MPD 24

i copped the PadKontrol....shits mad nice yo....i aint never fucked with the MPD 24 though....so i couldnt tell ya about that....but the padkontrol, also has an X-Y pad on it...which is some good shit...u can use it to scratch samples with a scratch plug-in...u can use it for knobs and sliders, of course u can also use it for any X-Y pad on a plug-in...and the drum pads on it can also be used as transport controls, play, stop, ff, rewind etc....velocity response is great....has flam/roll options using the X-Y pad...and it also comes with a disc full of shit...Reason Adapted, Ableton Live 4 Lite, Sampletank 2 Korg Edition, UVI Player Korg Edition(shits dope), MDE-X(nice ass multi-effect joint)...and demos of the Korg Legacy Collection...

the only downside to it, is that it only has two midi controls aside from the X-Y pad...2 knobs...i aint give a fuck about that though...my keyboard has 16 knobs...which i never use all of em..so fuck it...
    but..theres my 2 cents...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

home
    Battle Record
    61-19

cool shit ^ thanks for the info.

(new track daily)

Battle Record
    5-3

Quote Originally Posted by LOOPxDIGGA
    ^^^ive heard it has a shitty velocity response....from mad people...they always say theres problems getting a medium velocity...its low if u just tap it, and if u tap it a lil harder, u get a high velocity response...also heard it runs down quick from normal use...seen a lotta people complainin about the pads not responding at times...

Korg PadKontrol is what i suggest....ive seen mad threads in various places of people comparing all the drumpads...its always a toss up between the PadKontrol, and the MPD 24....its basically gone like this:
    mpd 16>trigger finger>PadKontrol/MPD 24

i copped the PadKontrol....shits mad nice yo....i aint never fucked with the MPD 24 though....so i couldnt tell ya about that....but the padkontrol, also has an X-Y pad on it...which is some good shit...u can use it to scratch samples with a scratch plug-in...u can use it for knobs and sliders, of course u can also use it for any X-Y pad on a plug-in...and the drum pads on it can also be used as transport controls, play, stop, ff, rewind etc....velocity response is great....has flam/roll options using the X-Y pad...and it also comes with a disc full of shit...Reason Adapted, Ableton Live 4 Lite, Sampletank 2 Korg Edition, UVI Player Korg Edition(shits dope), MDE-X(nice ass multi-effect joint)...and demos of the Korg Legacy Collection...

the only downside to it, is that it only has two midi controls aside from the X-Y pad...2 knobs...i aint give a fuck about that though...my keyboard has 16 knobs...which i never use all of em..so fuck it...
    but..theres my 2 cents...
    yea... i wouldnt know
    i just have a MPC2000xl midi'd in.
    Welcome to reality.

I see you lookin.. stupid Brandon Heat's Avatar
    Awards 25+ Wins

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Cain
    yea... i wouldnt know
    i just have a MPC2000xl midi'd in.

subliminal pwnage...
    AlieNation
    ..GrindHouse..

we see you Cock-A-Roaches looking...

Coming Soon

Battle Record
    5-3

lol@me not even realizing how arrogant that came off as...
    no offense tho

*sips the blood of a virgin in my yacht/recording studio/sex den*
    Welcome to reality.

i own juan valdez ACTUAL donkey...so i aint tryin to hear that shit...

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

the trigger finger has the closest pads to the MPC. all the other pads are hard. the MPD24 looks nicer but I don't know how the pads feel. I've had the trigger finger for over a year with no complaints. lmao @ the mpd24's ad campaign tho... "the other companies just give you the finger" lol classic.

Battle Record
    5-3

i know the korg pads are hard... i used a microkontrol back in the day.

there almost as hard as the pads on the roland fantom.
    Welcome to reality.

Battle Record
    8-7

I gotta trigger finger....I beat the shit outta it, no probs here....

all the other midi controls....sliders, dials, etc. work great and are fully customizable......

As far as the velocity, I have yet to have a problem with that. If i want a medium hit, it does....it displays in numbers how hard you hit it....and it's usually on par....

I have'nt used the other equipment listed, but I would recommend the Trigger Finger and I have an in store warrenty for 3 years for an extra 30.00 so fuck it.

Better than YOU.

I see you lookin.. stupid Brandon Heat's Avatar
    Awards 25+ Wins

the trigger finger has closer pads to the akai mpc than the... akai mpd16 or 24..?
    AlieNation
    ..GrindHouse..

we see you Cock-A-Roaches looking...

Coming Soon

i dont see where having the pads closest to the mpc or the hardness of the rubber would make a difference..??? its not a pair of shoes you wear on your fingers...
    the velocity response, and latency issues, and ability to handle wear and tear are what should make the difference...

soundbombing

maybe softer pads translate to more accurate responses in how much pressure you apply or how hard you tap the pad?

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Heat
    the trigger finger has closer pads to the akai mpc than the... akai mpd16 or 24..?
    yea... pretty stupid but yea...

and yes... the difference in how the pads feel makes the difference in its accuracy and usability. just like how on a keyboard heavy keys with hammer action are better than cheap light weight plastic keys.