Showing results 1 to 15 of 48

Thread: The transition

Given Light.
    Battle Record
    3-12

The transition

I used to listen to hiphop, nonstop.
    Used to.

Now I've begun listening to other genres, but really nothing is comparing to the whole emo music. Fall Out Boy, Alexisonfire, Billy Talent, Panic! At The Disco, Silverstein, Senses Fail, Hawthorne Heights.
    Really it has emotion, I can relate to it being a teenager. It sounds good, to my ears of course, I can say it has sick "flow", obviously it would not be measured on the same basis as rap. The lyrics are tight. The beats are amazing, by beats I mean the band.

Just trying to put it in perspective I guess.
    So point is, tell me some music from hiphop so I can reinstall some faith in it.

Dont' give me deep lyrics, with subliminal messaging in it. I will not look into understanding it. I just want stuff that I can bump and nod my head to. Without having to fucking analyze it.

Don't freepost, do not critize, it's old.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

d-_-b
    Battle Record
    1-7
    oooohhh

i started with Michael Jackson

then i just got into all sorts of music afterwards like Linkin Park, Guns n Roses, N'Sync Spice Girls =^", Eddy Grant, Marvin Gaye, ooh and i heard a lot of Earth Wind n Fire and Air Supply from my 'rents ....then i found me some hippity hopps, i sitll listen to all sorts even now

n i used to hate the shit out of love songs

but i listen to it so much more recently, the lyrics just make so much more sense if nahheards?
    Last edited by Le Marv.; March 19th, 2006 at 04:42 PM

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

doesnotexist
    Quote Originally Posted by Who?
    Used to.

Now I've begun listening to other genres, but really nothing is comparing to the whole emo music. Fall Out Boy, Alexisonfire, Billy Talent, Panic! At The Disco, Silverstein, Senses Fail, Hawthorne Heights.
    Really it has emotion, I can relate to it being a teenager. It sounds good, to my ears of course, I can say it has sick "flow", obviously it would not be measured on the same basis as rap. The lyrics are tight. The beats are amazing, by beats I mean the band.

So point is, tell me some music from hiphop so I can reinstall some faith in it.

Dont' give me deep lyrics, with subliminal messaging in it. I will not look into understanding it. I just want stuff that I can bump and nod my head to. Without having to fucking analyze it.

lmao @ that, nobody else would say that...but well you know... lol

and wtf @ the rest of the post

gay

so you find out you like some other genres too and all of a sudden now hip-hop is shit and you need people convincing you to get into it again?

do us a favor and stay with the emo shit then

Given Light.
    Battle Record
    3-12
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanja
    lmao @ that, nobody else would say that...but well you know... lol

and wtf @ the rest of the post

gay

so you find out you like some other genres too and all of a sudden now hip-hop is shit and you need people convincing you to get into it again?

do us a favor and stay with the emo shit then

No but the hiphop Im' listening to is getting old. So I'm trying to open up and just asking for some good songs or artists. I never said hiphop was shit.

doesnotexist
    No but the hiphop Im' listening to is getting old. So I'm trying to open up and just asking for some good songs or artists. I never said hiphop was shit.
    *tells you whatever random cd i have in my player right now*

juju mob - black candles = rawness
    reef the lost cause - feast or famine = more rawness
    chino xl - I told You so = ultimate rawness

d-_-b
    Battle Record
    1-7
    lol at his sig, we kinda get the point -_-

but

yeah

anyone who didn't like Michael Jackson at one point is an alien.

doesnotexist
    lol he's just impressed by it cuz he just started listening to it

whenever you get into some new fresh sounds to you, you listen to it non stop at first just like getting a new video game and you murder it for the first week all night and day, but that wears off just like with anythng else

once you been exposed to all genres for a decent amount of time and youre nicely balanced you can get really a clear picture or what you like most and how good something is

d-_-b
    Battle Record
    1-7
    yeah that's how i was like when i first heard Linkin park, for a whole month it was on rotation like a mofo. then it died down a little, i heard a little more hip hop etc. now i kinda know which music i like most and shit.

Battle Record
    7-1
    Chamillionaire- Rain

listen to it people

Leave me alone

You've Earned a Custom Title! Seneka's Avatar
    Maybe it's time to look at the underground rap scene unless you've heard that too. Then I can't help you.
    Got Personality?

Battle Record
    0-1
    lol i listen to everything man...

my itunes top25

Originally Posted by Blind Mist
    Blind Mist: ifi send u 200 bucks would you send me naked pics?
    Blind Mist: link me your paypal

d-_-b
    Battle Record
    1-7
    Ill Mental listens to Bhangra Music.

Battle Record
    0-1
    lol @ kelly clarson being in my top 25

Originally Posted by Blind Mist
    Blind Mist: ifi send u 200 bucks would you send me naked pics?
    Blind Mist: link me your paypal

est` in the 1980`s
    Ontario, pulling niggas all over the world and whatnot.
    Battle Record
    1-0
    Used to.

You forgot Blink 182, Hoobastank, My Chemical Romance and Taking back Sunday.
    THE FAKEST BITCH ON THE FACE OF THE PLANET EARTH.

TOOTLES`

Battle Record
    7-1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ill-Mental
    lol @ kelly clarson being in my top 25
    lol @ alcatrakz being in your top 25

Leave me alone