User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 15 of 38

Thread: Cool, Cool, Cool Work Out Routine ^_^

Banned
    Battle Record
    3-2

Cool, Cool, Cool Work Out Routine ^_^

So Vis-Life says I should bulk up or get enough muscles to where I want to be and then try to lose fat and get toned, etc... So I'm in my bulk up phase right now, and researched and made this new routine. 3 days a week. It concentrates on building basic muscle on all parts of the body while targeting on mass on the Lats, Side Shoulders, and Lower Quads... Which, according to Arnold, are essential in developing classic body symmetry.

Workout (A) - Back, Chest, Abs

Pull Downs - 3 sets of 10-12 reps
    Bench Press - 1 set of 10-12 reps
    Crunches - 1 set of 15-20 reps
    Back Rows - 2-3 sets of 10-12 reps
    Incline Bench Press - 1 set of 10-12 reps
    Hanging Leg Raises - 1 set of 15-20 reps
    Deadlift - 1-2 sets of 10-12 reps
    Chest Dips - 1 set of 10-12 reps
    Bicycle Crunches - 1 set of 15-20 reps

Workout (B) - Shoulders, Biceps, Triceps

Lateral Raises - 3 sets of 10-12 reps
    Triceps Pushdowns - 2 sets of 10-12 reps
    Bicep Curls - 3 sets of 10-12 reps
    Upright Rows - 3 sets of 10-12 reps
    Triceps Extensions - 2 sets of 10-12 reps
    Bent-Over Laterals - 2-3 sets of 10-12 reps

Workout (C) - Quads, Hamstrings, Calves

Squats - 3 sets of 10-12 reps
    Leg Curl - 3 sets of 10-12 reps
    Leg Extensions - 2-3 sets of 10-12 reps
    Calf Raises - 3 sets of 12-15 reps
    Lunges - 2-3 sets of 10-12 reps

During my Toning phase, I'm planning on doing martial arts or breakdancing in place of my weight lifting since I don't have time to do both weight lifting and cardio.

est` in the 1980`s
    Ontario, pulling niggas all over the world and whatnot.
    Battle Record
    1-0
    Get something female friendly.
    THE FAKEST BITCH ON THE FACE OF THE PLANET EARTH.

TOOTLES`

Battle Record
    8-7
    I wouldn't do Bi's and Tri's in the same day. Nor would I do back and chest the same day.

Mon - Shoulders,Biceps
    Tues - Chest, Triceps
    Wed - Back and Legs
    Day off
    Repeat

Cardio everyday before and after your routines.

I would never do Both arm muscles and chest and back in the same day. You muscles will start to compinsate for each other.

Better than YOU.

Banned
    Battle Record
    3-2
    Quote Originally Posted by ___1988
    Get something female friendly.
    Post a before pic.

Battle Record
    83-5
    Awards 75+ Wins
    ha will be 1 sexy mofo when it's over..

o btw it's rizzo hommie

nigga!

Banned
    Battle Record
    3-2
    Quote Originally Posted by It Is EYE
    I wouldn't do Bi's and Tri's in the same day. Nor would I do back and chest the same day.

Mon - Shoulders,Biceps
    Tues - Chest, Triceps
    Wed - Back and Legs
    Day off
    Repeat

I would never do Both arm muscles and chest and back in the same day. You muscles will start to compinsate for each other.
    Bodybuilders do it for supersets. They believe doing opposing muscles consecutively builds them up faster since they are opposing they woulnd't help each other but rather have to work harder and get stretched while the opposite muscle gets worked.

Right now, I'm only doing 5 to 10 mins of cardio before and after to get warmed up, but I'm going to go cardio heavy after I bulk up in the toning phase.

Battle Record
    8-7
    Quote Originally Posted by Ha is Bond
    Bodybuilders do it for supersets. They believe doing opposing muscles consecutively builds them up faster since they are opposing they woulnd't help each other but rather have to work harder and get stretched while the opposite muscle gets worked.

Right now, I'm only doing 5 to 10 mins of cardio before and after to get warmed up, but I'm going to go cardio heavy after I bulk up in the toning phase.
    1. Your not a body builder

2. When your starting out, or at least a year into it, you can start doin pyrmed sets. To do what your doing, the 2 arms and shoulders in 1 workout is silly. You use your tri's and bi's for most workouts. You will end up gaining more mass in your stronger areas, leaving your weaker areas vulnerable to injury and/or non growth, becuz your compinsate'n for your weaker muscles.

3. Do cardio for 5 minutes before your workout and 10 after. And spend EVERYNIGHT doing pushups, and situps before bed.

your routine will be ok, but I don't think at your level, you want to cram so much in on a day. Spend about an hour on each muscle group.
    Last edited by BIZ.VICIOUS; February 20th, 2006 at 11:08 AM

Better than YOU.

est` in the 1980`s
    Ontario, pulling niggas all over the world and whatnot.
    Battle Record
    1-0
    it`s on my myspace.
    I don`t have a gut.
    THE FAKEST BITCH ON THE FACE OF THE PLANET EARTH.

TOOTLES`

Banned
    Battle Record
    1-4

Mon - Shoulders,Biceps
    Tues - Chest, Triceps
    Wed - Back and Legs
    Day off
    Repeat

No, cardio hindder's muscle growth, don't do cardio on a bulk, on a cut yes, you need to do it, but not on a bulk. If you feel your gainign to quick, dont do cardio, cut back on a few hundred cal's, til you hit that platuea, where your body adjusted, than up them alittle again. Dont do any cardio on a bulk man, trust me.

Banned
    Battle Record
    1-4
    Cannuck, anyone can be a bodybuilder rofl. He's not building up his body for wrestling, fighting, police work, etc. He's doing it cause HE want's to, meaning he's a bodybuilder. Shtu the fuck up, thinking you always know everything. Wtf would you do pushups/situps before bed, after a long ass workout. Muscle's have to grow, he needs to repair, when I excercise before bed, I can't sleep. Situp's = meaningless, he doesn't need to build up his ab's on a bulk, wtf? If he has a certain amount of muscle, and low BF% ab's will automatically show, thats when you build them up, after you lose your gut. I wouldn't reccomnd pushup's, til you cut.. It'll tone you out real nicely, add a clap, elevated, or puts weights on your back, and youll be good to go. Shrugs > pushups on a bulk.

Battle Record
    30-12
    If you have access to a pool, swimming laps and other aquatic excercises make for a good complete body workout.
    Brand New Smash Hit

Sleigh Bells Freestyle

Coming Soon

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MondoThugs

Battle Record
    8-7
    Quote Originally Posted by Viscosity
    Cannuck, anyone can be a bodybuilder rofl. He's not building up his body for wrestling, fighting, police work, etc. He's doing it cause HE want's to, meaning he's a bodybuilder. Shtu the fuck up, thinking you always know everything. Wtf would you do pushups/situps before bed, after a long ass workout. Muscle's have to grow, he needs to repair, when I excercise before bed, I can't sleep. Situp's = meaningless, he doesn't need to build up his ab's on a bulk, wtf? If he has a certain amount of muscle, and low BF% ab's will automatically show, thats when you build them up, after you lose your gut. I wouldn't reccomnd pushup's, til you cut.. It'll tone you out real nicely, add a clap, elevated, or puts weights on your back, and youll be good to go. Shrugs > pushups on a bulk.
    Isn't he trimming extra weight? I thought he was lose'n weight and turning it into muscle. I didn't know he was bulking up. Even so, cut back on the cardio then, but keep up with the situps and the pushups.

I know how this works, I ain't new to it man. I know you tear your muscles and they need repair time, thats why I said the workout you gave him was wrong. You have him doing to much on a single day, he won't see results as quick. He'll be a water balloon.

Not everybody has the right body type. You and I are prolly the same, naturally cut. My problem is retaining weight. So I have to yuse pymeds and lift negitives all the time, to get muscle mass.

if you lose'n weight, then turing it into muscle, which I thought Ha Style is doing, then this won't work for him./

Better than YOU.

Banned
    Battle Record
    3-2
    1. Your not a body builder

2. When your starting out, or at least a year into it, you can start doin pyrmed sets. To do what your doing, thye 2 arms and shoulders in 1 workout is sill. You use your tri's and bi's for most workouts. You will end up gaining more mass in your stronger areas, leaving your weaker areas vulnerable to injusry and/or non growth, becuz yyour compinsate'n for your weaker muscles.

3. Do cardio for 5 minutes before your workout and 10 after. And spend EVERYNIGHT doing pushups, and situps before bed.

your routine will be ok, but I don't think at your level, you want to cram so much in on a day. Spend about an hour on each muscle group.
    1. I've looked at alot of studies on this and they conclude that supersets are approporiate for all levels unless you're a complete newbie. The difference is that supersets concentrate on building mass instead of building strength. And I've been working out for a while now, but I was mixing cardio and weight lifting. Right now, I'm more focused on weight lifting.

2. I am working out most body part to an extent, just some parts more than others to create better symmetry. And about the arms compensating for shoulders, notice that the shoulder exercises are mostly isolating the side delts, except for the upright row. They don't rely on the tri's or the bi's much. And there's only two tri exercises with 2 sets each, and only one bi exercise of 3 sets.

3. Yes, cool downs are very important. I just do stretching before I go to bed.

Ticallion Stallion Motionblurrr's Avatar
    That looks good to me Ha, I'm planning on getting ripped. I'm more focusing on running/jogging right now because I want to lose that bodyfat. Summer '06, bitches!

Battle Record
    8-7
    4. argue'n about this online, without knowing your expeience, and weight size and strength, is just silly, so you win.

Better than YOU.