User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3
Showing results 31 to 45 of 45

Thread: ..War of the Worlds * drools *

Free, As A Bird
    ..He knows what i'm on about when i mention the Black Hand!
    ArcBiggEZ

Heavyweight Penis Crew

DON FUCKING JOHNSON! FriendlyAlbanian's Avatar
    madonna momma, body bottle ya finah finah, toma cloma, clomb behind vagina, then i hymen grind ha
    Battle Record
    1-0
    Quote Originally Posted by Arc the Lad
    ..He knows what i'm on about when i mention the Black Hand!
    Its kind of hard not to considering I'm like a day or so from Sarajevo. Lol..
    [YOUTUBE]VrNoDUblAtE[/YOUTUBE]

N'Hale MCs X'Hale Smoke PuffNGive's Avatar
    Battle Record
    6-6
    you should write a story about charles manson and his helter skelter theory...
    99% OF ALL I SAY IS SARCASIM
    DONT TAKE IT SERIOUS
    IT'S THE INTERNET FOR GOD SAKES

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Free, As A Bird
    ..Whats funny is that me and Friendly Albanian are the only two people on RB that know who started WW1

& Charles Manson dont hold a candle to these guys..
    ArcBiggEZ

Heavyweight Penis Crew

commonground
    ^^ i thought that ww1 was the result of the russian revolution (if i'm wrong i was prob high during history class that day)

Free, As A Bird
    ..So Close

Yet so VERY far..
    ArcBiggEZ

Heavyweight Penis Crew

commonground
    well then that proves how much weed i smoke... i would like details mr lad the arc into how ww1 started.....(im pretty sure it was the russain revolution) unless arc is spinning another take on it.

DON FUCKING JOHNSON! FriendlyAlbanian's Avatar
    madonna momma, body bottle ya finah finah, toma cloma, clomb behind vagina, then i hymen grind ha
    Battle Record
    1-0
    Quote Originally Posted by commonground
    ^^ i thought that ww1 was the result of the russian revolution (if i'm wrong i was prob high during history class that day)

On June 28, 1914, Franz Ferdinand, Archduke of Austria and heir to the Austro-Hungarian throne, was assassinated in Sarajevo by Gavrilo Princip, a Bosnian Serb student. Though World War I was triggered by this assassination, the war's origins lie much farther back, in the complex web of alliances and counterbalances that developed between the various European powers over the course of the nineteenth century, following the final 1815 defeat of Napoleon Bonaparte at Waterloo. Napoleon's rise to power was, in turn, a direct consequence of the 1789 French Revolution, which overthrew the French monarchy.
    World War I (also known as the First World War, the Great War, the War of the Nations, and the "War to End All Wars") was a world conflict occurring from 1914 to 1918. No previous conflict had mobilized so many soldiers, or involved so many in the field of battle. Never before had casualties been so high. Chemical weapons were used for the first time, the first mass bombardment of civilians from the sky was executed, and some of the century's first genocides took place during the war. In terms of the history of Europe, World War I can be seen as a war of change, a last blow to the old political order to pave way for a new one. Dynasties such as the Habsburgs, Romanovs, Ottomans and Hohenzollerns, who had dominated the European political landscape and had roots of power back to the days of the Crusades, all fell after the four-year war. Many of the events and phenomena that would dominate the world of the twentieth century can trace their origins to this war—including the spread of Communism, World War II and even the Cold War.

World War I proved to be the decisive break with the old world order, marking the final demise of absolutist monarchy in Europe. It would prove the catalyst for the Russian Revolution, which would inspire later revolutions in countries as diverse as China and Cuba, and would lay the basis for the Cold War standoff between the Soviet Union and the United States. The defeat of Germany in the war and failure to resolve the unsettled issues that had caused the Great War would lay the basis for the rise of Nazism, and thus the outbreak of World War II in 1939. It also laid the basis for a more modern form of warfare that relied heavily on technology, and would involve non-combatants in the horrors of war as never before. Although wars had always been brutal affairs which often caused mass hardship for civilian populations, beginning in World War I all people of all classes would have to see the true color of war on a greater scale than before. World War I showed the direction war was headed where each side would begin to use desperate and sometimes horrific strategies to gain any advantage.

It was commonly called "The Great War" or sometimes "the war to end all wars" until World War II, although the name "First World War" was coined as early as 1920 by Lt-Col à Court Repington in The First World War 1914–18. Some scholars write of the First World War as merely the first phase of a 30-year-long war spanning the period 1914–1945.

Over 9 million men would die on the battlefield, and nearly that many more people would die on the homefront from food shortages, starvation, genocide, and being caught up in the fighting.

World War I became infamous for the horrors of trench warfare, where huge numbers of troops were confined to trenches and could move little because of tight defenses. This was especially true of the Western Front.

Basically your correct, but the assasination of the Archduke set the twigs on fire... The assasin, Gavrilo Princep, is like a Serbian national hero.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WW1#The_outbreak
    [YOUTUBE]VrNoDUblAtE[/YOUTUBE]

Free, As A Bird
    ..Serbia was worried that Austria/Hungary was ready to invade

So the top ' terrorist ' orginisation around in Serbia at the time ( the Black Hand ) decided to assasinate the future heir of the Austrian/Hungarian throne..

..Franz Ferdinand was allso a helluva good leader in war and shit

But he was peace keeping type person..

..Anyway, he was assasinated, regardles

And Austria retaliated..

..And treaties were broken wich lead to allied Rusia/France invading Germany, who were allies with Austria/Hungary

The UK had to go to war, even if they weren't affected by the invading countries..

..The only thing that worried us was the trading position we had

& the leaders of the time didn't want to lose that position..

..So we went to war allongside the obvious ' gona be ' victors - Rusia and France

The rest is history..

..The only reason Rusia went to war was becuz the country was scared of a revolution

Few years later, it happend anyway..
    ArcBiggEZ

Heavyweight Penis Crew

Battle Record
    212-103
    Awards LLL Season Champion LLL HOF 200+ Wins
    Oh my god, you kids are young and just don't know...

War of the Worlds is a remake of a 50's film which is a remake of an old radio show from the 30's, which is a remake/based on the book by H.G. Wells...

Aliens invade Earth.

Simple premise...

WRONG!!! Well, in the thirties it wasn't so simple.

When the shit first aired over the radio...ALOT of peeps didn't realize it was just a radio show.

These cats had just been through the Depression, shit was tight, life was hard...getting better, but it'd been hard as shit.

Then one day, all of a sudden, they've got cats (actors...only they didn't know it) on the radio saying shit like "this is KNZB news and even I can't believe what I'm telling you but aliens have just invaded Washington D.C. and are causing catastrophic damage with these laser beams, these death rays!"

People freaked the fuck out thinking it was a real news event. Cuz, there was no TV back then...no internet to verify shit with...the only source of news was teh paper that wasn't coming until the next morning and THE RADIO THAT WAS SAYING ALIENS WERE INVADING!

I'm serious, theer were suicides and mass panic in some places, mostly the more rural spots, but...yeah...peeps wigged the fuck out!

Anyway, that's what the movie was about.

Independence Day bit the "give the aliens a virus" from War of the Worlds.

That's what finally saved mankind in the original shit...the aliens kicked our ass, fucked us all up, but once they stepped outta their ships...all our bacteria, our germs...our VIRUSES! Killed the fuck outta them...
    They could take us out, their technology was better...
    But not their immune systems.

I dunno if THIS version will have the same jist to it or not.

Should be interesting.

Peace

Free, As A Bird
    ..Yeah i read about the radio show version, Born

And it does make me chukle when i think about the typcal family hudling around the radio after supper, to listen to some stories about bears and butterflies..

..Lol, No sex that night for Mr. Suburbia!
    ArcBiggEZ

Heavyweight Penis Crew

commonground
    word?

Free, As A Bird
    ..Word!
    ArcBiggEZ

Heavyweight Penis Crew

Battle Record
    7-1
    I'm a mod

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Leave me alone

commonground
    and word at me being meh right about the ww1 topic woot i knew smoking weed at high school was good for education....smoking weed=making history that much more easy....and word? dyce